Falcon Media - no longer available?

vbimport

hi,

haven’t posted in a while. I use Taiyo yuden media and fell in love with Falcon media a couple of years back. These past couple of years, I’ve been going through my stockpile and Falcon and TY media and it’s finally been depleted. I went to my usual source of Falcon media (supermediastore.com) and couldn’t find it. I tried meritline.com and came up empty also.

Have they stopped making media or do they make for others under a different label?

Thx

MediaMegaMall still carries the Falcon brand optical discs. CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray are available there.

If you are after the Blu-ray discs, they are sold there under the Smart-Blu brand. Get the premium variety.

thanks Kerry! Did a little more searching a found a website (mediasupply.com) that carries them too. Glad to hear they’re still available.

WTSMedia also carries Falcon CDs and DVDs. The last time I ordered they had free shipping.

thanks for that link!

[QUOTE=fsh42na;2720867]thanks for that link![/QUOTE]

Never tried them, are they better than the Taiyo Yudens?:confused:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2720910]Never tried them, are they better than the Taiyo Yudens?:confused:[/QUOTE]TY doesn’t make good BD media, so in that case yes. The CDs and DVDs, probably not.

[QUOTE=Stereodude;2720926]TY doesn’t make good BD media, so in that case yes. The CDs and DVDs, probably not.[/QUOTE]

Who makes the best 25gb BD Media, I bought a spindle of That’s from Japan and they weren’t bad, but I had a few coasters, 3 out of 50, anything better.?

[QUOTE=alan1476;2720932]Who makes the best 25gb BD Media, I bought a spindle of That’s from Japan and they weren’t bad, but I had a few coasters, 3 out of 50, anything better.?[/QUOTE]Supposedly Panasonic’s Made in Japan recordable Blu-Ray discs are the best. However, there were rumors a few months back that they we’re not making their own media anymore. Frankly, I don’t know if that came to fruition or not.