Falcon 8X DVD+R Double Layer White Inkjet Hub Printable

vbimport

Hey guys/gals anyone ever heard of these Falcon brand DL discs before? I got an email
from Meritline advertising them and I must say that I’ve never heard of them before and
looks like the country of origin is UAE :confused: I’d almost be willing to bet a dollar to a doughnut
hole that they are Ritek…S04 or some off the wall MIC MID :Z what do you all think they are?
http://www.meritline.com/falcon-8x-dvd-plus-r-white-inkjet-30401285040000521.html

No idea, but I am curious…fancy being a guinea pig? :bigsmile:

I’d love to see some scans of burns done on those. But - OUCH - the price! :flower:

Falcon has its own DVD+R DL MID: [I]FTI_____ R08[/I] [as taken from the Pioneer DVR-112D firmware, version 1.24]. How they burn, I dunno. That firmware entry was the first I’d ever heard of the DL.

Seems Falcon Tech is trying to make a name for itself, eh? It does some okay 16x DVD+R and DVD-R, from a few select scans I’ve seen around the forum. And I don’t think it has any media rated slower than 8x for the DL and 16x for the SL.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2013734]No idea, but I am curious…fancy being a guinea pig? :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Yikes :eek: :eek: that would be a lot of money to invest for just testing if I could buy
say 3 or 4 for testing I would gladly be the guinea pig. :iagree: :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=getit29;2013847]Yikes :eek: :eek: that would be a lot of money to invest for just testing if I could buy
say 3 or 4 for testing I would gladly be the guinea pig. :iagree: :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I just saw the price, owwww! :eek:

Shame they don’t sell them in 5 or 10 packs or something LOL :doh:

http://www.falconrak.com

[QUOTE=negritude;2014000]http://www.falconrak.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the Info negritude :slight_smile:
Very Interesting :iagree:
and they made Gold Media ( I like 24K )

Wonder if they licensed this from someone? Someone who need hub printed media buy this and post some scans! :clap:

Not much info around about these, but seems they are made in a facility that was a joint venture between Mitsubishi(Verbatim) and Falcon. Using AZO dye. Needed some DL’s, and decided to take a chance at $1.50 each at Meritline. Someone has to jump into the water first. Hope I come up smiling :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2044762]Not much info around about these, but seems they are made in a facility that was a joint venture between Mitsubishi(Verbatim) and Falcon. Using AZO dye. Needed some DL’s, and decided to take a chance at $1.50 each at Meritline. Someone has to jump into the water first. Hope I come up smiling :)[/QUOTE]

Please post some results when you get them and burn one or two of them so
we can see how they do. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2044762]Not much info around about these, but seems they are made in a facility that was a joint venture between Mitsubishi(Verbatim) and Falcon. Using AZO dye. Needed some DL’s, and decided to take a chance at $1.50 each at Meritline. Someone has to jump into the water first. Hope I come up smiling :)[/QUOTE]

Really? Are they made in UAE? I thought they are made with Singulus’ DL machinery, Plasmon’s stampers and dye from Taiwan and China. Do you know who supplies the stampers?

Joint venture ??? Don’t think so. Unless you can prove me wrong.

Why do I don’t think so. Well Flacon Rack dvd+R-dl’s use there own code or they use a ricoh code. Since ricoh and mitsubishi are competitors of each other on the dual layer market I think the joint venture sounds very unrealistic.

Sorry for posting about Mitsubishi-Falcon connection. Had been searching for hours for some kind of info on the Falcons, and ran across one little news release about the joint venture plant in UAE. Be darned if I can find it again. Perhaps too excited about the possibility of getting a new high quality DL(having only one choice gets boring). :doh: Would appreciate any postings with links to concrete info on these, other than Falcon’s website. Hope to have them on Thursday, and you can be sure I’ll be scanning one 20 minutes later.

just got a 50 pack of these from meritline for ~$70. Manufacturer Id comes up as RICOHJPN D01. i’m burning my first one as we speak. sorry, I don’t have a drive to scan burns with unless anyone trusts a pioneer dvr-111d. But I’ll test it in my various players and report back.

I’m guessing its because I have old firmware but I’m apparently not able to burn these falcon discs at anything more than 2.4x. Anyway, here’s what i’ve come up with so far:

Disc burnt @ 2.4x with imgBurn 2.4.1.0 on pioneer dvr-111D 1.19

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : DVD+R DL
Book Type : DVD-ROM
Manufacturer: : Ricoh
MID : RICOHJPN D01 067 (43)
Write speeds: : 2.4 X
Blank Capacity : n/a
Extended Information
Layers : 2
Layer break : 3.85 GB
Write strategies : n/a
Disc Status : Closed
Raw Data
Physical Format Information (00h)
0000 - 01 0F 31 10 00 03 00 00 00 FC FF FF 00 21 C9 2F - …1…!./
0010 - 00 00 03 52 49 43 4F 48 4A 50 4E 44 30 31 43 40 - …RICOHJPND01C@
0020 - 25 25 37 10 00 2C 6C 00 2C 6C 20 1F 0C 0C 14 14 - %%7…,l.,l…
0030 - 02 01 01 20 00 20 1F 0C 0C 14 14 02 01 01 20 00 - …

TRT is perfect, so they are not so bad media… Could you please post a stamper code and serial numbers? :wink:

These would be the same as TDK DVD+R DL 8X (Made in UAE) available here in Europe. Here’s another scan: http://forum.gleitz.info/showthread.php?t=37082

So they are really made by FTI in UAE? Is the RICOH’s MID officially licensed or just “borrowed”?

Give me a few days and you get the answer, as well as on the joint venture subject. Which is unlikely except for one reason.