Fake Verbatim?

vbimport

Sorry for starting another thread, I feel like this is not quite the same as the other one. First I want to thank you all for your help in the other thread, really I still don’t understand the first thing about this and second I want to update you guys a bit.
These days the only media I can get is Verbatim. From the outside they look weird… I don’t want to say fake, but they don’t look alike from others I bought even 2 months ago. The edges of the disk look really, I don’t know… sort of poorly printed.

You can see it here:

This is info I get in both Nero (for some reson, Nero never lets me do the Dick Quality scan, ever) and DVD Identifier.

[

I didn’t mean to burn it with Nero, I was just clicking around and cancelled it quickly :o

Are these okay or what? The code on the center of the disc (not the transparent part) is MOGXPR-438.
I can see that these say they’re MCC, but I’m not sure. Plus, the info says DVD+R but the disc is DVD-R, I mean… ?
I don’t want to make a huge deal out of this, but the things I burn in them are very dear for me

Thanks again for your help!
C.

[QUOTE=insocks;2587818]
Are these okay or what? The code on the center of the disc (not the transparent part) is MOGXPR-438. [/QUOTE]
They are definitely fake. :sad:

Aw, really? The whole MCC thing and the info of the disc is fake then? How can I tell now if the info is even fake?
I don’t know what to do now because that’s the only think I can get atm :frowning:

My brother bought a 50 pack that are MBI 03RG40 and the stamper code is ZO097S DVDMINUSR 16x
Are those bad too? :frowning:

Sorry, I’m just so bummed, I have TONS of things to burn.

[QUOTE=insocks;2587829]Aw, really? The whole MCC thing and the info of the disc is fake then? How can I tell now if the info is even fake?
I don’t know what to do now because that’s the only think I can get atm :frowning:

My brother bought a 50 pack that are MBI 03RG40 and the stamper code is ZO097S DVDMINUSR 16x
Are those bad too? :frowning:

Sorry, I’m just so bummed, I have TONS of things to burn.[/QUOTE]

The MBIs are ok, not the best, but they aren’t fake either, there made by Moser Baer India

If those Verbatim -R discs were real they would be identified as MCC-03RG20
and not as MCC 004 the MCC 004 is the +R discs and the code of MOGXPR-438
is a dead giveaway that those are about as fake as you can get.

If they were Verbatim life series (made in Taiwan) DVD-R, it would be CMC MAG AM3.

[QUOTE=kievrus;2587921]If they were Verbatim life series (made in Taiwan) DVD-R, it would be CMC MAG AM3.[/QUOTE]

Yes that is correct I forgot all about the life series as I would never consider
buying any of them in the first place so I guess that is the reason I forgot all
about them or maybe it is the senility of my old age. :bigsmile:

Thanks for your replies. :slight_smile: I guess my only option is to get the MBI 01RG40, I thought those my brother bought were 03RG40, but they are MBI 01RG40, they’re still okay? Sorry, I’m such a newbie in all this. :o :o

[QUOTE=insocks;2587942]Thanks for your replies. :slight_smile: I guess my only option is to get the MBI 01RG40, I thought those my brother bought were 03RG40, but they are MBI 01RG40, they’re still okay? Sorry, I’m such a newbie in all this. :o :o[/QUOTE]
MBI 01RG40s are usually decent (with recent burners).