FAKE RITEK R03 DVD+R being sold

Important Information for European buyers of media!NIERLE
and
CDRWINKEL

both are selling special 150 pack RITEK R03 code at really silly prices. Despite the fact it’s cheap, the code on these discs are not what they seem, they are actually fake RITEK codes. I was told this by my supplier who was offered them and he has reported the company responsible, DVD TECHNOLOGY, to not only Philips (as they are most likely unlicensed), but also to CONREXX who distribute RITEK discs in Europe.

I tried to contact CONREXX for more information and to see if they are taking any steps, but they have yet declined to reply. I will post any reply I get from either them or any new info from my supplier straight to the site.

Strangely enough, DVD Tech is also a customer of CONREXX BV and distributes RITEK in the UK for them.

Best stay clear of ay cheap crappy RITEK R03 8X DVD+R (being sold for about 13/14 cents) in this strange packaging like these. A deal is not always what it seems.

who would fake ritek they are not as good as they used to be there is more money in faking ty’s verb’s and the like

apr media is selling them too :- http://www.aprmedia.com/product.php?pid=2450&PHPSESSID=a44a773ed5e08991d4a508b28d5a54f8

they do seem too cheap, they could be real ritek tho that they dumping cheap

i think they are low grade being dumped on the market :Z :iagree:

Unlikely to be real, even Nierle have not advertised them as RITEK’s, but have it only in the code.

12p for RITEK +R, that’s even cheaper than ARITA by an incredible 10 p cheaper if you go by Rambox’s site.

Not fake, B/C or down grade media I think

I also think so.

Nierle marked them as B-grade (not all of them I see now :S) themselves so atleast its clear that they suck, I would doubt them being fakes since them are much better codes to abuse :stuck_out_tongue:

Still waiting on an email from CONREXX, most likely came from them if it was real. One thing, RITEK R03 was faked very recently by GIGATAIN so there must be an attraction :

GIGATAIN

It wouldn’t surprise me if it was copied to sell on the back of the RITEK name. It’s definitely not A grade and it dissapoints me that some are passing it off and I’m sure that there will be some misled punters out there.

I do agree that with all the codes out there, R03 is not one that I would choose, but going by the GIGATAIN example, anything is possible!!

Another one for you conspiracy buffs out there. According to my supplier, RITEK/CONREXX supplies Rambox and they don’t carry this line, but APRMEDIA, Nierle and CDRWINKEL who are supplied by DVD TECH do.

Might just mail DVD Tech to ask them if it is really fake. If it is, I’m sure Philips will soon be knocking on their door. DVD TECH does Philips media also in the UK!

@slimshany
You mentioned Gigatain, as I know there are gigatains with the Yuden
T02 mid, they’re also fakes! Perhaps the same thing with these Riteks( I would
never buy ritek :Z )

About a year and half ago, RITEK were king of the world when it came to quality, now they are selling all sorts and if even their A grade quality is poor, it wouldn’t surprise me if there are people copying their discs as they can get away with it.

If a medium quality - but popular - disc is copied, no one really notices. But if a Verb/TY disc is copied, people do notice and it can only last so long before it gets stamped out as the fraudsters will find it very hard pressed to maintain the excellent quality.

RITEK is now a “medium quality company” and I don’t think it will be long before we see all a rash of “cheap” manufacturers (most likely unlicensed) jumping on the bandwagon and shoving RITEK codes on discs and really trashing the brand name. They can get away with this purely because RITEK QC has been slipping.

Fake TY discs are being stamped out now as it’s almost impossible to maintain the quality standards and you can spot a fake a mile off (cheap price), but with RITEK, the lines are less clear, it would be hard to tell if it was a fake or not because even originals suffer from great variability.

It’s a shame, I used to rely on RITEK as the brand to trust, but I think i’ll stay clear of RITEK from now on.

i would disagree that ritek were ever even close to

king of the world
i had good luck with a 50 pack of g03 and a 10 pack of g04 but 2 100packs of R02 fromt he same timeperiod burned like cow flop. most people had varying sucess with g04s different batches had far different results they were as inconsistant as witnesses in the michael jackson trial. the only point of consistancy was the ricohjpn which they manufacture to ricohs quality standards and even there ricohjpnr00 was better than r01 and r01 was better than r02 at least in my experience. CMC seems to be the real improver in tiawan and prodisc is probably still the best.

well i bought some R03 rev2 and they give a lower pi error rate than my ty’s :frowning: and even my indian verb’s burn better than my ty’s :eek:

I tried to contact CONREXX for more information and to see if they are taking any steps, but they have yet declined to reply. I will post any reply I get from either them or any new info from my supplier straight to the site.

Strangely enough, DVD Tech is also a customer of CONREXX BV and distributes RITEK in the UK for them.

Makes me wonder why they have not got back to you !!

I for one would be interested to hear the conclusion of this…

Please keep us updated!

Anyone actually have these allegedly questionable discs?
If so, please post the serial number found on the disc hub.

@ cnlson
:iagree: :iagree:

Hmm contact the stores they will probally give you a serial number if you ask it nice and correct that is.

Also seeing how Nierle and CDRWINKEL list this I suggest that this media is not fake.
For Nierle it doesnt say * after the code.
For cdrwinkel it would have had different comments.

So I think it’s actually ritek made however I also do think that someone regraded some really low quality junk and passed them off.

You must ask for by email,before buy ,if have any doubt.
Cheap media in these e-shop,are always in very low grade .

i bought the spindle @ cdrwinkel, and @ 4x they just work perfect ! burned few coasters on to high speeds ! but @ 4x they are perfect !

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=986799&postcount=946

is the scan of the burn @ 4x with those dvd’s

Can you post the inner ring serial number?

Not burning at 8X is suspect and I believe that this is fake media. If the ring number has a RITEK serial then I would eat my hat. Could you post a scan or photo of the inner serial?