Failed when writing DVD [2016]?!?!?!?

I downloaded the trial version of DVDFab Platinum (working Gold) and started to copy my movie. The reading part went fine but when i inserted my blank Memorex DVD-R - i got the error message of:

Failed when writing DVD [2016]

Anyone know how to fix this???

Thanks in advance

Randy

Hi Randy,

A number of possibilities.
First off, at times, fab can be temperamental with re: to -R media, at least with certain versions and burners. Also, memorex is notoriously unreliable media - very inconsistent. Almost everyone has tried them and moved on.
Try a quality media, like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim and also give +R a shot…a +rw here would be fine.

Please post some specifics, ie., burner model, media code. You can obtain the media code via tools such as Nero CD-DVD Speed.
(Just click on the link and it will open the latest version as you click download).

Hope this helps.

I am getting the same error:
I’m using a BENQ DVD DD EW162I USB burner with V5.1.2535.0 driver
media info

very frustrating :frowning:

You need to set book type to DVD-ROM using Qsuite or Fab. Never try to set book type on -R discs

Mack

Thanks for fast response! Wow!

: (

Fab was set to the right book type already…

Take a close look at this page Blank DVD Media Quality Guide and read carefully under 3RD CLASS MEDIA:.
If you should still not be convinced you may use VSO Inspector (free) from VSO Software (same burning engine as DVDFab) and compare/test your DVD-burner and DVD-nedia combination with other people that may already be using same combo setup (huge data bank). Then, you’ll be talking the same language.
VSO Inspector v1.1.4

PDCInterfaces

you were right pcdinterfaces - poor quality media was my problem - no combination of setting can write on crap…

Thanks for all you help - shame you can’t tell when you put your dollar down exactly what you are getting. There should be a law - like for food labels or cigarette packs.