Failed when writing DVD. :16

i have had DVDexpress since since april. never had any problems until the last 2 weeks. over half of my burn attempts fail with the following message “failed when writing DVD. :16.” its not just one certain movie. i can try one time and it will fail then try again later and it work. Any ideas on what my the problem is???

I have the same problem on 2 computers. I changed the DVD burner and it worked again. Now I am having the same problem with the new DVD burner in the systems. I am confused. If you found out what is going on please let me know.

I’ve recommended the following to a few users who had similar issues…with good results. Sorry, but I can’t seem to find the original thread, but a search and a little patience should work if you’re interested. You may need to uninstall fab, run a decent registry cleaner such as RegSeeker, then do the drives and then do a new install from a new download. You may get away with just the optical drive stuff.

Hope this helps.

Can I ask why you would need to do all of that? Just wondering cuz I’ve been getting the same error when trying to copy band of brothers (r1) with DVDFAB Platinum (express mode)

First off, I would Not recommend that you do any of the above. Your issue is specific to Band of Brothers and not a more systemic problem.

The above “fixes” relate to repeated write failures and are suggestive of driver and system faults. I believe this starts as corruption of the patin-couffin driver, but this is just a guess on my part. Anyway, when I experienced problems on both of my systems, some variation of this is what worked for me and after I posted, apparently helped others as well.

Again, I don’t recommend that you “just do all of that”. The issues vary in severity and system to system and I would first tackle the burners themselves as I suggested.