Failed when writing DVD. :1 after upgrade

Ever since version 2.8 I have tried upgrading to different versions of 2.9

When trying to use DVDFab Express in movie only mode I get Failed when writing DVD. :1

If I revert back to the 2.8 Version I don’t get the error and Express works fine.

I would really like to upgrade

Any suggestions?

Thank you

That’s pretty bizarre and it only happens with versions from 2.9+ :confused: Is anything written to the blank media at all?..are you able to still use the disc? Are you certain that the temp folder actually contains the files when attempting to write to a disc? Are your source and target drives configured correctly within the application, ie., v. 2.9+?
With v. 2.9.7.0, try opening 'settings" in express, note the path for the temporary directory and uncheck “delete temporary files after copying”. Now try express - main movie - again. Does this work? If not, does the temp folder actually contain the ripped files?

Let us know…hope this helps,

Tom

Update

1. Entire DVD is copied to hard drive using Gold mode
  2. I use Express to burn DVD hard drive backup as movie only I get the error.

1 I use gold mode on the hard drive backup of the entire DVD to then create a backup on the hard drive with just the movie only
2 Then use Express to burn the DVD that I converted as movie only with Gold mode it works.

Anyone have any idea why Express gives me the error when burning from Hard drive entire DVD backup but not from Gold mode hard drive movie only backup

I have the same issue !!!

Why not use Express to do the whole process?

Mack

I am using express mode to do the full copy but when selecting main movie mode this is the error we get, and im thinking it mat have to do with the new patch…

Ok guys, I’m confused here.

BKdigi, you cannot rip entire disc with gold and then burn with express…it’s mixing apples and oranges. The file size, when ripped with gold for entire disc, is substantially greater than 4200MB, ie., this will not fit on a SL disc. Moreover, express compresses during the rip; it’s incapable of modifying the file size during the burning process.

Why would you want to rip with gold and burn with express anyway…I don’t follow…?

Justice, when you say, “…I am using express mode to do the full copy but when selecting main movie mode this is the error we get, and im thinking it mat have to do with the new patch…”, are you ripping with express?

Could you outline, exactly, the process you are following?

Then I press “START”…

Then this “error” pops up…

NOTE: When this error happens it seems to make an extra folder called “DVD” in the VIDEO_TS folder… :confused:

Thanks for the screen shots.
Your “source” is the temp directory on c:…what I need to know is…
How did you rip this…exactly?
Look at this folder on your c:\ drive…what is its size?..does it actually contain any files?

We’ll figure this out…

I burned the movie to my hard drive in C:\DVDFabPlatinum_Temp\DVD … The movie is in VIDEO_TS folder…

You must have ripped the movie with gold, unless you altered the target size in “settings”.
Is this correct?..btw, this is the third time that I’ve asked how you ripped the movie.
This file is too large to burn to a SL disc. As I said above, the default size is 4200 MB (4.200 GB) and your ripped file is 4380 MB (4.38 GB).

Have you altered the default setting of 4200 MB?
Have you enabled DL burning?

I ripped using dvdfab platinum [express]…

my burn size in setting is [4472] SL and always has been at this setting…

I would suggest copying from the burner back to the burner. You will have to select E: as source and E: as destination. I do see the problem. It should be c:\dvdfabplatinum_temp\DVD the video_ts causes Fab products will give that error unless \DVD is at end because it does not recognized as a movie. I have used Express to copy to HD and you have to create a folder. I have a folder named DVD so mine shows as C:\DVD
ame of movie and when I browse and choose this as the destination Express creates C:\DVD
ame_of_movie\DVD and when I choose to burn to a DVD I browse and choose C:\DVD
ame_of_movie\DVD as the source and burner as destination.

Mack

if i choose just the dvd ( c:\dvdfabplatinum_temp\DVD ) folder the movie will burn but not show up in dvd player, and i do rip and burn on the same dvd burner drive. as for everything else u are talking about i have never had to do all of that i simply choose the source (movie) then the taget (c:\dvdfabplatinum_temp\DVD ) then after words when burning movie i choose source(c:\dvdfabplatinum_temp\DVD\VIDEO_TS) then target (DVD BURNER) then i press start and have no issues, and thats in complete movie mode, as for just choosing main movie i am having these issues with dvdfab express…

p.s. i think its the new patch… :iagree:

Well, not to tell you what to do, and as you’ve said, your target size has remained at 4472…maybe you could try re-setting it to 4200 MB. I can’t imagine what could have changed suddenly, simply by updating versions…but who knows?..lots of problems come up when over-burning or burning too close to the edge. Any recent change in media, brands or MID?

Maybe it is a glitch in the new version. Turns out, BKdigi was ripping with gold and burning with express. Too bad it’s not that easy for you… :confused:

Tom

No I haven’t had any media changes or MID…

and i reset the deafault size to 4200 like ya said and still doesn’t work, I honestly think it is simply a bug in the new version…

I like chosing my folder that is reaso I create a di C:\dvd.

For what it is worth I burned the lord of the ring series last night using DVDFAB express latest update- movie only. Lg 4163B burner and TDK TTGO2 disk set at 4300 . No problems of any kind.

If I were having problems I would pay close attention to what maineman and bigmacnc would be trying to tell me.

Obviously as you can see I have givin’ every detail possible and if you have read the whole topic you would see I,m not the ony one with these issues along with other bugs that take place in dvdfab and not saying dvdfab isnt any good because indeed it is a decent product, but i think I have payed close enough attention and have been using dvdfab for sometime now to know that it may be not on the users end but on dvdfabs end along with the new patch and yes indeed mainman and bigmacnc are a great help indeed.

(mainman) "Well, not to tell you what to do, and as you’ve said, your target size has remained at 4472…maybe you could try re-setting it to 4200 MB. I can’t imagine what could have changed suddenly, simply by updating versions…but who knows?..lots of problems come up when over-burning or burning too close to the edge. Any recent change in media, brands or MID?

Maybe it is a glitch in the new version. Turns out, BKdigi was ripping with gold and burning with express. Too bad it’s not that easy for you… "

p.s. and for what it is worth your sarcastism is uneeded nor wanted in these forums… “If I were having problems I would pay close attention to what maineman and bigmacnc would be trying to tell me.”

Well it seems I have figured out the problem with a few trials and errors, to begin dvdfab express won’t allow for main movie to be copied directly from (source) “HDD” to (target) “dvd burner drive” , Bigmacnc was on the right track by suggesting to burn the movie from (source) E. drive directly to (target) E. drive by doing this I was allowed to choose just the main movie with no problems and get a clean fast burn, but what i don’t understand that was my problem is I was unable to do this main movie mode operation by choosing (source) c:\dvdfabtemp\dvd\VIDEO_TS (target) dvd burner drive. other then that I would like to thank Bigmacnc & maineman for there time, effort, and most if all patience :bow: