Failed to read file E

need some help here…dvd shrink comes up as "faiiled to read file E…been using this for years never had a problem till now …any suggestions
Thanks

Welcome to the forums patty304.

Are you trying to compress a dvd movie on the hard drive, or is this an original dvd disk in your optical drive?

If it is an original disk, you should know that DVDShrink hasn’t been updated to deal with newer protection schemes since 2004 or so. You need to use more modern decryption programs with newer movies. DVDFab HD Decrypter, DVDFab Passkey or AnyDVD come to mind.

If it is a dvd video that has already been ripped to the hard drive, you might want to run it through FixVTS before trying to open it with DVDShrink. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/FixVTS

[QUOTE=patty304;2555485]need some help here…dvd shrink comes up as "faiiled to read file E…been using this for years never had a problem till now …any suggestions
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Insufficient info…

You should at least tell us what you tried to achieve…

I use DVD HD, DVD SHRINK, and DVD DECRYPTER…they all work fantastic, however the last 3 times I’ve used them, DVD SHRINK has been coming up as “failed to read file E:/”, the disc were not dirty or scratched…they were however new releases, is there a new code on them which cannot be read?..any suggestions would be welcomed.
Thanks.

[QUOTE=patty304;2555551]I use DVD HD, DVD SHRINK, and DVD DECRYPTER…they all work fantastic, however the last 3 times I’ve used them, DVD SHRINK has been coming up as “failed to read file E:/”, the disc were not dirty or scratched…they were however new releases, is there a new code on them which cannot be read?..any suggestions would be welcomed.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

More info…as type of drive and how old is the drive? What your computer specs are? Also what are the software versions are?

Perhaps you need the paid(full version of DVDFab, since you say, " they were however new releases"…AFAIK, the free version is weeks behind…Try it!..