Failed to open error in dvdshrink

Hi, i try to make a backup of the movie ‘spiderman’.

I have used dvddecrypter to bring it to my hd and then i am using dvdshrink to make the size compatible on a dvdr, but by analysing the source files (vob etc) i receive an error:

Failed to open 'VTS_01_6.VOB”. System cannot find the file.

He’s right, the file VTS_01_6.VOB is not on my hd and when i look on the original dvd then it’s not there as well, so that file does not exists.

New protection?

Nobody an idea? :bow:

Does a file VTS_01_7.VOB exist?

No, VTS_01_5.VOB is the latest of that range.

Is there a possibility that a file refers to that .vob file and if so is it possible to edit/change that or something?

Thanks for your help.

Yeah, I’ve had the exact same problem, shrink looking for .vob files that do not exsist!!! :confused:

I have no idea of a solution either.

I have fixed it myself. :cool:

Download/install ‘IfoEdit’, then open ‘VTS_01_0.IFO’, goto menu ‘Vob Extras’ -> ‘Strip Vob-Id’s’ and then it will make the new vob/ifo files. Put the new vob/ifo files in the original directory (overwrite it) and then burn it. Voila, that worked for me. :slight_smile:

[quote=jason23;554254]I have fixed it myself. :cool:

Download/install ‘[I]IfoEdit[/I]’, then open ‘[I]VTS_01_0.IFO[/I]’, goto menu ‘[I]Vob Extras[/I]’ -> ‘[I]Strip Vob-Id’s[/I]’ and then it will make the new vob/ifo files. Put the new vob/ifo files in the original directory (overwrite it) and then burn it. Voila, that worked for me. :)[/quote]

hi, after doin so with ifoedit. do i have to burn it first to able to shrink it after?
also. when installing the program. i leave all the default setting as it is?

thanks