Failed to create directory error

Hello,

I have a question about the above error. I have copied the movie onto my hard drive. Now I have inserted a blank dvd and set the source and target paths accordingly. When hitting start it comes up with the “Failed to create directory - name of the movie-” error.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

mirja9

Please post a screenshot and more info.

I have exactly the same problem and thought I’d go ahead and post the actual message. For some reason my “Print Screen” isn’t working, So I just copied the message below. Thanks for any help you can provide

DVDFabHDDecrypter

Failed to create directory.

E:\MainMovie\HEADGAMES\

OK

Too many directories, just try E:\movie_name

are you using a limited user account? are you saving to a network drive? do you have at least 10 gb free space? is the drive formated with NTFS file system?

Thanks for the comments. I’ve already saved the file to my hard drive, but when I try to burn it on my DVD Recorder, it gives me the error message mentioned. Not sure what you really mean about using a “Limited User Account”. Also, since the next one I burn will also be my first, what do you mean by “is the drive formated with NTFS file system?”. Don’t know but am willing to find out and correct, if that’s what’s needed.

Regarding too many directories, all I selected as the Target was the “E” drive. the error message was what gave the parameters I copied down. How can this be corrected manually?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=sdtex;2029937]

DVDFabHDDecrypter

Failed to create directory.

E:\MainMovie\HEADGAMES\

OK

when I try to burn it on my DVD Recorder, it gives me the error message mentioned.[/QUOTE]

sorry but dvdfabhd decrypter will not burn. after ripping the movie with dvdfab, you will need to use another program to burn to a dvd.

here is my recommendation for the best free dvd to dvd programs.

dvdfabhd decrypter - rip dvd movie to hard drive :clap:

dvd shrink - compress movie to fit a 4.7 gb dvd blank :clap:

imgburn - burn the movie to blank dvd media :clap:

there are lots of guides to be found with a little searching. if you need more help please feel free to ask. :iagree: