Failed to burn error 122

I had a couple of memorex dls that i was trying out some setting suggestions from Stormjumper. I do and have switched to Verbatim dl’s. They are absolutely great. I rebacked up some of my dvd collection with them. Better pic and sound. I am actually ripping the dark knight again I did slow down the burn speed and I selected seamless layer break.

Any thoughts thanks Jimbo :bigsmile:

Have you tried checking Seamless & see if your player supports that function? It can be checked in Settings & when you go to choose the layer break. I have the Remove Layer Break checked in DvdFab all the time & then choose it in ImgBurn when burning DL.

EDIT: never mind about the question, maybe it’s too early for me to read properly.

:bigsmile:

No worry’s I do that too. Okay new burn and same result with seamless. Let me change media and see if that makes a difference. I am wondering anyone have a suggestion on write speed for my Verbatims 2.4x dl’s. I heard 6xfrom Jimbo.

rip…

If you slowed down your burn speed then you should be fine BTW with those Memorex DL I would burn no faster than 2.4X, Myself I use the VSO burn engine all the time for SL & DL, with no problems, when I use the ImgBurn engine for DL when watching the movie I can see where the layer break took place,just a slight stutter maybe nobody else would notice it but I do , maybe because I was looking for it :slight_smile:

All good input from the others, course I would use nothing but Verb’s and burn at 2.4x :bigsmile:
also when selecting one of the lightblue stars make sure that there is NO split which will be displayed at the far right column don’t select one that shows N/A or yes

Agree with SJ but with good media such as TY’s or Verbs and with good burners you can try at 2.4X and then try at 6X and see if you still get good burns, with my Pio’s there is no difference in the quality if burnt at 2.4x or 6x but like I said depends on the media and the burner, anyway I wish you luck

:clap::clap:Thanks everyone for your advice.:clap::clap: I think I may have to go back to vso like Jimbo was saying because I think the software is doing it’s job. After making a few backup’s and still same result. I play my master copy and np. I have backed up my kids movies with :bow: Imgbrn :bow:on single layer verbatims and they are great. I am going to try one last time with a verbatim dl. I will post my result. StormJumper is right, Imgbrn is a great program as a burning tool.

[U]OH YES![/U] do not, I repeat do not use your ps3 as your stand alone dvd player. Thats what gave me this issue in the first place. :sad: :bigsmile:

rip…

If I am using an older drive, I will burn the Verbatim @2.4X, but if I am using the newer drives, then I will burn them @4X, if it shows up in the supported write speeds.

I guess my son was right then, he said that he will never use his PS3 as a Dvd player, games only. I will pass what you said along to him.

Thanks SJ I will have go at it.

Sorry everyone must go clock in a pay some bills. (go work for the man):frowning:

I try again tomorrow and post.

thanks rip…

Success,
A dl verbatim doesn’t freeze, a media issue. I am not sure why but making another back on a verbatim and yes you see the layer break. I mean you really have to be looking for it. Very unusual though, I now have a nice coaster set for my guests. Great for the patio. :bigsmile:

thanks for everyones help rip…

[QUOTE=ripvanwinkle1819;2271939]Success,
A dl verbatim doesn’t freeze, a media issue. I am not sure why but making another back on a verbatim and yes you see the layer break. I mean you really have to be looking for it. Very unusual though, I now have a nice coaster set for my guests. Great for the patio. :bigsmile:

thanks for everyones help rip…[/QUOTE]

Glad you got your issue fixed :clap: nothing beats good quality media :bigsmile:

the thing that I found out about using low quality media is that the write speed can very in a pack, I check my spindle of media when I buy them for variation in write speed and found that say with TDK 16x I will find some out of the pack as only a write speed of 8x have even found a few only having 6x due to the dye variation in quality

it is my .02 cents and findings :wink: