Failed to burn error 122

I am longtime user of DVDfab. I recently encountered a failed to burn problem.

In backing up Basic Instinct I copied to my harddrive as I usually do. I then went to the source on my hard drive - backuped movie. I then set the target as my DVD (Verbatium DVD +R DL) burner BenQ 1620 as usual. I got a fail to burn error after a few minutes.

I tried another disc to backup just to see if I could back up another. Same thing. I thought maybe I should get the latest version. I downloaded and installed 6.0.0.2 Beta. I used my key from the 5.xxx version. It took it and showed my name and number.

I tried 6.0.0.2 . Same thing.

I did a complete delete of program as per how to do a “clean install”. Same problem. It starts the process and then I get a fail to burn. Process failed. Task 2 Failed Error 122.

This is a brand new set of blanks DVD DLs I just got. Normally the Verbatium discs are “rock solid - no problem”

Any ideas much appreciated.

[QUOTE=riverrat;2269608]I am longtime user of DVDfab. I recently encountered a failed to burn problem.

In backing up Basic Instinct I copied to my harddrive as I usually do. I then went to the source on my hard drive - backuped movie. I then set the target as my DVD (Verbatium DVD +R DL) burner BenQ 1620 as usual. I got a fail to burn error after a few minutes.

I tried another disc to backup just to see if I could back up another. Same thing. I thought maybe I should get the latest version. I downloaded and installed 6.0.0.2 Beta. I used my key from the 5.xxx version. It took it and showed my name and number.

I tried 6.0.0.2 . Same thing.

I did a complete delete of program as per how to do a “clean install”. Same problem. It starts the process and then I get a fail to burn. Process failed. Task 2 Failed Error 122.

This is a brand new set of blanks DVD DLs I just got. Normally the Verbatium discs are “rock solid - no problem”

Any ideas much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

What burner are you using?

OC

:slight_smile:

BenQ 1620 firmware B7P9

When you say Verbatim DL, which ones? Also which burning program?

Try updating your firmware
http://www.firmwarehq.com/BenQ/DW1620/files.html
Download and install ImgBurn and change your default to use Imgburn.
Keep in mind that you have an old drive so the latest firmware from 2005 may still not work.

discs are (Verbatium DVD +R DL) 8x

burning program DVDFab Platinum version at first 5.2.3.0

Then 6.0.0.2 Beta

ideas on newer drive / best buy for performance particularly DVD +R DLs

Thanks for input

Old drive, new media, not normally a good combination. DvdFab is not a burning program, Imgburn, Nero or VSO would be examples of a burning program.

Opps Burning program VSO then I tried IMG Burn same result

Maybe I should upgrade my BEnQ. It has been Great but… maybe time for a new drive. I would hate to purchase a new drive if the problem is possibly elsewhere.

Any ideas on what the Task 2 Failed error 122 means?

ImgBurn has a burn log, ImgBurn / Help / ImgBurn Logs, please copy & paste your failed one in a reply post here. On the errors, I am not up on the DvdFab errors, but if you use the Search function & type in DvdFab error codes I am sure you will find an answer. If not post back. I found this so far off the search.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/task-2-error-122-a-267815/?highlight=DvdFab+error+Task

If you are trying to burn DL directly from within DvdFab, have you thought about manually burning DvdFab’s output with ImgBurn, but I would recommend trying to get some Verbatim 2.4X DLs, made in Singapore.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=86742

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=86730

Beef Barley is right, Verbatim 2.4X dl’s from singapore are really good. I have to use the vso burning engine because I use an upconverting dvd player for my lcd tv. Imgbrn with my toshiba player doesn’t like the layer break for some reason but media is great.

Have to thank Storm Jumper for getting me to see the light :clap::clap:
and his great sense of humor.

[QUOTE=ripvanwinkle1819;2269788]Have to thank Storm Jumper for getting me to see the light :clap::clap:
and his great sense of humor.[/QUOTE]

RipVanWinkle
About your upconverting dvd player and layer break issue, when using DVDFab do you have it set to remove the layer break ? and it doesn’t like the where ImgBurn places it :confused: but using the VSO works ok ?

Hey SJ, sorry so long to reply. Yes in dvdfab, removing the layer break is checked. I have used both vso and img and with vso my upconverter has no issues. When I use imgbrn the dvd player stops play back I would presume, this being the layer break. I know during the writing process you can select the placement of the layer break with img but I have always just ignored it. I read a bunch of reviews on the particular dvd player and no info was given on this issue. I have manually selected the layer break and sure enough the player stops. You have to advance with remote to get past it. :sad:

Any other settings to check with dvdfab or img? :confused:

Sorry one more thing. In img my layer break is set to calculate optimal.

thanks rip

[QUOTE=ripvanwinkle1819;2270757]Hey SJ, sorry so long to reply. Yes in dvdfab, removing the layer break is checked. I have used both vso and img and with vso my upconverter has no issues. When I use imgbrn the dvd player stops play back I would presume, this being the layer break. I know during the writing process you can select the placement of the layer break with img but I have always just ignored it. I read a bunch of reviews on the particular dvd player and no info was given on this issue. I have manually selected the layer break and sure enough the player stops. You have to advance with remote to get past it. :sad:

Any other settings to check with dvdfab or img? :confused:[/QUOTE]

When using ImgBurn as the burn engine [B]un[/B]-check the box to remove layer break in DVDFab, when ImgBurn starts it will ask you to choose a layer break make sure you choose one of the stars that are light blue in color :wink:
I have noticed that if the layer break is removed none of the stars are light blue at least not for me anyway

Hey StormJumper,
Thanks for the advice. Let me try it out and I will post back. I have a couple of memorex dvd dl left and will try it out. I dare not waste my Verbatim’s. While we are on this topic, here is a list of other Imgbrn settings I have changed. I got them from one of your previous posts. It would be a feather in my cap if I can get this thing to work. I get a better quality burn with Imgbrn, from picture and sound when in proscan mode on my tv.

Open ImgBurn and click on “Tools” located on the menu bar and select "Settings"
click on the “Build” tab and make sure there is a check mark in the following boxes
1…Check 'Close Program’
2…Don’t Prompt Image Details
3…Don’t Prompt VIDEO_TS Content
4…Don’t Prompt Volume Label
any other boxes can stay as they are.

Sorry for being a snoop but I have found a lot of information this way. I know there is no such thing as a stupid question but there is a lot to be said when you find it out yourself. :iagree:

regards rip…

Hey RipVanWinkle
Yeah ImgBurn can’t be beat it is the greatest program to use when you burn to a DVD or CD, and HD along with Blu-Ray have been added :clap:

Okay my results. The dvd plays all the way through, but it pauses at the layer break and them continues. The screen becomes pixelled for a couple of seconds then continues. I ripped the dark knight, for sure on main movie that will justify using a dl.

What do you think SJ?

Did you use the Memorex or the Verb and how fast did you burn ?

I used memorex dl. Write speed was set on automatic in build mode.

rip

I would say that is your problem as Memorex DL is not very good but you can try setting your burn speed lower to 4.5 I think, I burn DL at 6x using the Verbs