Failed to burn disk

I just recently purchased DVDfab Platinum on recommendation from friends on how well it works. Upon using it the first time it came up with “can not burn CSS Protection” when I put the original disc in. So i checked the forum and found the thread “DVD fab CSS Protection Version here” where I downloaded that version. Thank god for the forum, I was so thankful it would read it now.

It seemed to work but every time at the end it says “failed to burn” “would you like to try again.” I tried it in a DVD player and worked. However when watching the movies part way through the movie will just freeze. I have the 5.2.30. version, writing the full disc, using DVD+DL Memorex discs. One disc I did do didn’t say the failed to burn but everyone since has. I am just curious why it is doing this and if that is why it is freezing??

Thanks so much!!! I really appreciate any help I can get even though I am not extremely savvy on this stuff.

Karl

[quote=Stugots-II;2205186]I just recently purchased DVDfab Platinum on recommendation from friends on how well it works. Upon using it the first time it came up with “can not burn CSS Protection” when I put the original disc in. So i checked the forum and found the thread “DVD fab CSS Protection Version here” where I downloaded that version. Thank god for the forum, I was so thankful it would read it now.

It seemed to work but every time at the end it says “failed to burn” “would you like to try again.” I tried it in a DVD player and worked. However when watching the movies part way through the movie will just freeze. I have the 5.2.30. version, writing the full disc, using DVD+DL Memorex discs. One disc I did do didn’t say the failed to burn but everyone since has. I am just curious why it is doing this and if that is why it is freezing??

Thanks so much!!! I really appreciate any help I can get even though I am not extremely savvy on this stuff.

Karl[/quote]
Please go to dvdfab.com and download from that website, sounds like you downloaded fron the .net which is the NON css version

Thanks for your input, I was reading some other posts and noticed you said the same thing so I made sure I got the original from DVDfab.com and I’m pretty sure I did. That was the version that said the CSS protection problem and then I followed the link from from fengtao’s thread witch was a different version and that one still says .com. That is the one I am now using from Fengtao’s post and it doesn’t come up with the CSS protection problem anymore but right at the end when it is finalizing at the last few seconds it comes up with the burned failed notice, would you like to try again. Like I said the movies seem to be playing but when I have been watching them it freezes like half way in.

http://www.dvdfab.com/ this is where I originally got it from, this is Fengtao’s link http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=PLATINUM
which I am now using.

Thanks again for the help let me know if I should still be doing something else, or if that link of his has an old version or something??

Thanks for your input, I was reading some other posts and noticed you said the same thing so I made sure I got the original from DVDfab.com and I’m pretty sure I did. That was the version that said the CSS protection problem and then I followed the link from from fengtao’s thread witch was a different version and that one still says .com. That is the one I am now using from Fengtao’s post and it doesn’t come up with the CSS protection problem anymore but right at the end when it is finalizing at the last few seconds it comes up with the burned failed notice, would you like to try again. Like I said the movies seem to be playing but when I have been watching them it freezes like half way in.

http://www.dvdfab.com/ this is where I originally got it from, this is Fengtao’s link http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=PLATINUM
which I am now using.

Thanks again for the help let me know if I should still be doing something else, or if that link of his has an old version or something??

I did look in my downloads and I noticed that the first one said DVDFabNonCSS5230 so I must have gotten it from the net, but the new one from Fengtao is just DVDFab5230.

There is a newer beta version at the top of this forum 5.2.3.2, just install over the one you have now, no need to uninstall 5.2.3.0. What disks are you using to burn your backups to?

[QUOTE=Stugots-II;2205247]I did look in my downloads and I noticed that the first one said DVDFabNonCSS5230 so I must have gotten it from the net, but the new one from Fengtao is just DVDFab5230.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you got that problem resolved.

Re the other problem…Memorex +R DL disks are not the recommended disks to use for DL burning. If you can, get your hands on Verbatim DL +R disks - far better.

I believe there are also problems with the VSO engine, I know with ‘verifiy’ and I think also with DL disks. Suggest you get your hands on Imgburn (a freebie D/L on the web), and use it for your burns.

O’C

:slight_smile:

thanks I was thinking of trying the beta, maybe I will give it a try. Is that the one that has the CSS decrypter? I am using Memorex DVD+R DL Disks

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2205260]Glad to hear you got that problem resolved.

Re the other problem…Memorex +R DL disks are not the recommended disks to use for DL burning. If you can, get your hands on Verbatim DL +R disks - far better.

I believe there are also problems with the VSO engine, I know with ‘verifiy’ and I think also with DL disks. Suggest you get your hands on Imgburn (a freebie D/L on the web), and use it for your burns.

O’C

:)[/QUOTE]

Missed he posted his media:o

Tis what I said in post #2 :wink:
Have a nice Day :flower:

Thanks to you all for your help so far I truly appreciate it!! I will try a few things here in the coming days and see where it all gets me.

Thanks again, Karl

I did exactly the same thing and then downloaded from the dvdfab.com and fixed it. my question is , is dvdfab.net the same organization or did I just throwaway $60.00??

Why don’t you go to the purchase page and actually read it here is the link http://www.dvdfab.com/order.htm

Yes it is, the reason for that .net website is for legal reasons
and no you did not throwaway $60.00 the reg key you received works for the css version