Failed Crossflash, general question

vbimport

Hi!

Which prob I have if a Liteon-rebadge can´t read any media and don´t stop LED-flashing?

What did I wrong? Happened with a HP BD335i which should be a iHBS 112.

[QUOTE=Wischmop;2703831]Hi!

Which prob I have if a Liteon-rebadge can´t read any media and don´t stop LED-flashing?

What did I wrong? Happened with a HP BD335i which should be a iHBS 112.[/QUOTE]

One shouldn’t cross flash unless one know for sure the chipset that is used are a exact match and if it fails so does your warranty if it has one. You should only use firmware from the maufacture of HP for that drive and not try unsupported firmware as I mentioned without knowledge of the chipset used matches or not.

Well, HP have a very old FW on the drives and never released an update.

The 335i should be a iHBS 112, I´m not sure whether there are different revisions.

The HP was shown on startup and in Windows, I could flash it back with an unlocked Liteon-flasher and the extracted .bin from HP, saved with Dosflash.

If the HP was total different to the 112 I´m sure it won´t recognized in Windows

Which firmware version did you try?

I started with this:

Download the “unlocked” iHAS324-B-AL18.exe LiteOn firmware updating utility (Here)
Download the iHBS112-2 PL01.bin firmware file (Here)
Download the iHBS112-2 PL06.exe firmware updating program (Here)
Upgrade your Asus to the PL01 firmware by dragging the PL01.bin onto the iHAS324-B-AL18.exe file. (You can also do right-click “Copy” of the PL01.bin file, and then right-click “Paste” onto the iHAS324-B-AL18.exe file)

After this the LED starts to blinking as soon as the drive have current.

Updated it with PL06, tried also the PT11-FW from Teac BD-W512GSA, nothing helped.

Used the iHAS324-B-AL18.exe with saved QH21-FW from this HP and it works ok.

I guess eeprom needs modification. Did you use EEPROM Utility to conduct convert Drive? If EEPROM Utility’s convert Drive feature does not work, please send me the eeprom back up.

Thx, that worked fine for me :slight_smile:

Now it´s a Liteon iHBS 112 2 :slight_smile:

Big Thanks to Wischmop and anywhere 1, worked also for me, my BD335i is now a Liteon 112 :slight_smile: