Fail to burn TDK CDs (Samsung TS-L632D)

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Samsung TS-L632D. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]Anyone else having dramas burning audio files to TDK cds?
CD-R80. I have no trouble burning dvds but have tried cds for first time today on a Toshiba A200 only 3 months old. Had similar problems with TDK Gold dvds on Toshiba A10. Are there any known compatability problems. Using media centre Vista and Toshiba burning program. It goes through the process, but has only burnt 1 out of 4 cds. 1 had something on it but would not read on any computer or play in cd player. Converting from mp3 to normal cd format for cd player. Never had issues before on other computers.
Should also mention that both programs say “disc burnt succesfully”.
Seperate to other TS-L632D problems. All setting as should be DMA etc. Burns Post Office brand DVD-Rs OK. Will get some different brand cds tommorow.

What version of Vista are you running (32 or 64bit)? And what speed are you burning at?

I use the free software Burrrn to write regular CD audio from my mp3 files, at 16x. I use Vista Home Premium 32 bit myself.

Give that a try and see if it helps :slight_smile:

Thanks, will give that a try as well. My system is 32bit.
I think its the discs, I have burnt with others ok after.
Second time I have had problems with TDK on 2 laptops (both Toshibas).
Cheers
Craig

[QUOTE=CraigE;2113860]Thanks, will give that a try as well. My system is 32bit.
I think its the discs, I have burnt with others ok after.
Second time I have had problems with TDK on 2 laptops (both Toshibas).
Cheers
Craig[/QUOTE]

Ah, it could well be the discs then :iagree:…but you never know, I’ve known trying 16x and using Burrrn to work minor miracles, so there’s hope yet for those TDKs (better than wasting them eh?) :wink: