I used Verbatim DVD+R DL disks made in Taiwan for a while with an external LG DVD writer (GSA 2164D). The successful rate was almost 100%. Recently, Iâ€˜ve been using India-made Verbatim DVD+R DL disks from two spindles with 80% failure rate. The two packages were purchased a couple of months apart, and they both have very similar problems after showing â€œGenerating DVD borders completed successfullyâ€ which is the last step of the burning process with Nero 6.6012. When I used the LG writer, I got â€œBurn process failed at 2.4xâ€ immediately. With Samsung internal DVD writer (SH-S202J/BEBN), I got the burnt successful message then the window froze when the â€œDoneâ€ button is hit. The burnt DVD could not be recognized by any DVD Roms and writers afterwards. BTW, my operation system is Windows XP Professional SP3 and the firmwares on the writers are up-to-date.
Here are my questions:
- What may cause this to happen? How do I know for sure?
- What are the symptoms if it is disk issue?
- What are the symptoms if it is DVD writersâ€™ issue?
- What are the symptoms if it is software issue?
- How do I resolve it besides buying different brandsâ€™ disks (I tried Fuji before but it didnâ€™t work as well as Taiwan-made Verbatim)?