A couple of days ago, I was suggested to upgrade my Nero to the current version, which I did. I tried on disks from both spindles, and it seemed to resolve the issue that I had with the India-made Verbatim DVD+R DL disks for now. Even though I am still unsure about the cause of the whole episode (Nero 6.6 was working well with Taiwan-made disks), it is good to have a concrete answer rather than a band-aid solution. Apparently, burning software controls more than just types of disks it uses for. If I wasn’t told to do so, I would never have guessed. However, I am somewhat surprised that manufactures of the writers and disks did not know anything about this when I told them my problem.