Fade (tm)

vbimport

'This Codemasters game is protected by the FADE (TM) protection system. If you purchase an illegal copy of this game, tou will be able to play it - but not for long. As you play, the gameplay of a pirated copy will degrade' - (Operation Flashpoint: Resistance manual):bow:
The disk is also protected by SafeDisk v2.51 but when I created an image file of the disk using CloneCD v4 on my Lite-On LTR-32123S, bad sectors were only found up to sector 2571, when this type of protected disk usually includes bad sectors up to about the 10000th sector!
Does anybody know whether this protection works and if so whether it can be defeated?!:confused:

Is it something to do with this… stealth copy proteection

Not such an old idea. I remember they did this with the game “Hook” on the Amiga. There was a cup which disappeared if you had a pirate copy and if you couldn’t get the cup - you couldn’t get far at all (I think it blocked you in about the 2nd stage). I’m sure it has been done in other games/program in the past.

FADE is basically supposed to degrade your game to such a point that it doesn’t work anymore. However, as seen on several forums, the game does not appear to have this installed, atleast the early versions don’t. Personally, I hate Flashpoint. The game somehow messed up my system. After 4 gameplays, my system started overheating and overheating. Now I can’t run any applications for more than 30 minutes without it overheating and freezing my system. I have plenty of fans but they don’t help. :a

arrghhh so all this time and your trying to say my hook
disc wasn’t corrupt :slight_smile: and just when I was getting into it as well
hehehe… could never get that guy drunk :)…
puzzled me… crafty ******* didn’t put a minutes thought into they may be into that game back then.

Originally posted by keirondrk
arrghhh so all this time and your trying to say my hook
disc wasn’t corrupt :slight_smile: and just when I was getting into it as well
hehehe… could never get that guy drunk :)…
puzzled me… crafty ******* didn’t put a minutes thought into they may be into that game back then.

What?:confused: :confused: :confused:

soz if I confused you :)…

it was actually in reply from a message “Bilto” left
previously…

The game itself uses SafeDisc 2 too. But it doesn’t ask you to insert the CD instead it starts the Fade stuff.

Does this mean that using my Lite-On LTR-32123S, a copy should still work, as it produces good quality working copies of all SafeDisk versions:bigsmile:. I have tried testing the copy and have not noticed any decrease in gameplay but am still not sure if the copy will work fully.

It depends on what version you have. Like I said before, some versions dont have FADE at all. However, as for your burner, if it makes a perfect copy then you should play it perfectly. If Fade cant detect that it is a copy then it wont degrade the gameplay. Fade is there for people who dont know how to make a perfect copy.