Facebook granted patent to analyze user profiles in search for pirated materials

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Facebook granted patent to analyze user profiles in search for pirated materials
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/facebook-granted-patent-to-analyze-user-profiles-in-search-for-pirated-materials-69786/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Zuch’s asking who has the patent for the guillotine, and does he have to pay a per-transaction/killing fee for its usage. “Let’s just kill the violators! That way, all violaters will be gone in a year or two!”

I think I’m about as willing to remember how to spell “Zuckerberg/burg” properly as I am “Robespierre”.

"Zuch’s asking who has the patent for the guillotine, and does he have to pay a per-transaction/killing fee for its usage. “Let’s just kill the violators! That way, all violaters will be gone in a year or two!”

I think I’m about as willing to remember how to spell “Zuckerberg/burg” properly as I am “Robespierre”."

Interesting allusion, how about we try a more ironic example, “Adolf”. They would have killed for technology like this in 1930s Germany.

With this patent, when another Snowden-type arrive, I suppose the long arm of Facebook can reach out and smack someone stealing secr - er, violating patents. It’s interesting that commercial interests can squash the behaviors that gov’ts cannot.

But if anyone’s considering gov’ts as the sole bad guy entity over commercial entities, the granting of a patent like this - or the development of this technology entirely - should straighten a few backs.

Does this include all the material that Facebook pirates from its users for its own commercial purposes? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t have or intend to have a Facebook account.
Funny thing I still have a problem with them doing this much less getting a patent for it.

I also like Drage’s post . Captain Kidd investigating Captain Blackbeard so to speak.

Drage, I think “yes!” would be Zuck’s goal. He’s got his name on the patents (and perhaps has shared some of this with the inventor-employees, too, if Zuck had to allow that in their employment contracts) so he’d be the recipient of FB patent payments and claims.

If he can establish an intra-company departmental payment system, then upon his eventual dis-employment, he’ll be able to ensure the continuing patent payments from his then-ex-employers. His golden parachute becomes a golden para-glider. “Go ahead, tow me along…”

(Gee - that doesn’t sound nearly as fierce as Harry Callahan’s… oh wel… Murky Mark instead of - ?)

Good thing I don’t use Facebook Fasebook much anyway. However, I just posted a message on my facebook, containing a like to this page. I wonder if/when Big Brother Brothre will have that article cesored.

Have we really become so devoid of freedom that Suck-Ur-Berg is now acting as big Bro?

I have a facebook account because it was easier to turn off notifications for all the vapid, content devoid posts friends and relatives were making (and likely still are)
than it was to turn off all the “please join” e-mails.

Generally I ignore it all