Facebook counters ad-blockers on their site

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Facebook counters ad-blockers on their site[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/08/facebook_2015_logo_detail-95x75.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/facebook-prohibiting-ad-blockers-site-80162/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Don’t even have a FB account and so not really interesting, but according to my daughter and friends, they spend less time on FB and more in other social media channels.
One comment I remember particularly well as I got a good laugh out of it: “Facebook is more for keeping in touch with the old folks”. Seemingly, FB is on its way out for the younger generation.

I got a good laugh out of it: “Facebook is more for keeping in touch with the old folks”. Seemingly, FB is on its way out for the younger generation.

I heard same thing
No new generation wants the the Old Stuff these days

[QUOTE=Xercus;2779133]Don’t even have a FB account and so not really interesting, but according to my daughter and friends, they spend less time on FB and more in other social media channels.[/QUOTE]Wow you got kids no way… just kidding…that’s what I been hearing lots of as well it has leveled off and the under the age are now using it less and less. Not good for FB if they want to keep making money.

[QUOTE=Xercus;2779133]One comment I remember particularly well as I got a good laugh out of it: “Facebook is more for keeping in touch with the old folks”. Seemingly, FB is on its way out for the younger generation.[/QUOTE]That’s what I hear alot of now days. It’s a aging crowd in there - can’t say where the young one are going but it surely isn’t FB anymore.

Facebook is taking a stand against ad-blockers, and they have developed techniques to bypass most of the current ad-blocking programs available to their users. This means they will serve up ads regardless of whether you have an ad-blocker or not.
Back to FB blocking people from blocking your money making ads for FB is a loosing proposition that FB will not win. Yea like FB blocking ad blocker programs works. I think using a PC hosts edit is what gets around FB blocks. At least with the PC hosts edit they will have a harder time stopping it because it not software based.

Ad-blocking has become more widespread over the last few years, with most people adopting them to prevent disruptive ads that dominate sites, or slow down load times. But malware protection is an increasing concern, and ad-blockers help prevent malware infected ads from even being seen.
This is the main reason people use blockers ads wasting and slowing down their internet they paid for and to stop hidden malware. If FB can’t see that then it’s time for them to close shop.

I agree with Kerry, Facebook deserves to be shut down, although not because of ads. They have spied on too many people for too long. Many of Facebook’s activities should be illegal, and any companies who do them should be punished severely. I would recommend having the CEOs sent to prison (for once). But, that’s not likely to happen. Between cyber-stalking, censorship, automatic psychological profiling, and psychological manipulation, I think the would world would be a better place if people refused to use such anti-freedom services.

Anyway, Facebook hasn’t been known for listening to what people say. They’re probably even more deaf to their customers’ wishes then Microsoft. Heck, their “real name” policy (or “actual name”, or… whatever it’s called now) is an excellent example of their resistance to do what their users want them to do.

Anyway, to get back on topic, Facebook will never manage to use technical means to block ads altogether. They will huff and puff, but they’ll never blow that brick house down. After all, the developers of ad blockers will simply modify their blocking lists to counter the changes made by Facebook. However, given the influence big companies like Facebook have over lawmakers, I can guarantee Facebook will soon have jackhammers and wrecking balls at their disposal. It’s only a matter of time.