Facebook an open book

vbimport

Nothing on facebook is private

I Dont often go on Facebook AND Dont give my phone number to any online forum .
The only people that have my number is my Banking site and [B]not[/B] my cell.
[B]Facebook is as private as YOU want it .[/B]

And if you don’t want anything to ever be online, never put it online. Trusting others to manage your privacy, even if there are supposed features to protect it, is something you consider before you decide to sign up and post your life on some remote web server.

Obviously, it’s not even as private as an individual wants. A “year long leak bug” is pretty hefty, though. It’s as private as the individual AND Zmucker wants. “Not using these” gets more votes as time goes on, but that was always the case. TWIT, REDDIT and LINKEDIN don’t admit quite as many bugs, but I’ll bet they’re full of 'em, too.

I myself do not put any info on the net but still posting anything is open to a google search and there it is.

[QUOTE=Albert;2690824]And if you don’t want anything to ever be online, never put it online.[/QUOTE]

I’ve been telling this to my friends/family for years. It seems that everytime someone posts something stupid, they are always surprised when the public see said post. Then they blame Facebook/Twitter/whatever for there own arrogance. If you don’t want someone (or anyone) to see something, don’t post it online!!! This is always the simplest and most effective solution. It may seem old-fashioned, but reality tells us that it’s quite tried-and-true.

do not want facebook tried it more trouble than it was worth.

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2691026]I’ve been telling this to my friends/family for years. It seems that everytime someone posts something stupid, they are always surprised when the public see said post. Then they blame Facebook/Twitter/whatever for there own arrogance. If you don’t want someone (or anyone) to see something, [B]don’t post it online!!![/B] This is always the simplest and most effective solution. It may seem old-fashioned, but reality tells us that it’s quite tried-and-true.[/QUOTE]

Exactly people have lost the ability of personal responsibilities for their own words and action and always blame the next person. But fail to notice that looking at the mirror there is only one reflection looking back and it is your own.

now I know who that old person in my mirror is.

[QUOTE=samlar;2691208]do not want facebook tried it more trouble than it was worth.[/QUOTE]
Same here, I just found a load of pointless rubbish. When I told a friend her close to the knuckle (or sometimes even closer) conversations could be read by anyone, she was mortified. I wonder how many people got their jollies from that lot. It’s all there forever now and with her own real name tagged to it. She obviously thought it was private. Well it sure ain’t!