FabDVD Platinum Crashes When Open

vbimport

This is my first post so I hope I am in the correct forum.

If not, please forgive me :sad:

I downloded FabDVD Platinum 4.1.0.2 to see how it compairs to the free FabDVD Decripter and NERO Recoded.

When I open it however, after getting the page asking for the registration code/free trial, the FadDVD interface stays for 1 second then is overlaided by a Crach Report window. Then FabDVD freezes.

And All this is even before anything happen :eek:

Sometimes, I do manage to minimize the Crash Report Window and try to use FabDVD, but, it does not notice my DVD drive/Hard drive/Files.

What in the Heck ig going on :confused:

I belive that I have my computer has the “horsepower” to run this application

OS-WIN98
40GB HD - 16GB Free
512 MB memory
DVD drive - BENQ DQ60 -MREC firmware

I would have enclosing copies of the error files that I get wehn I start FabDVD platinum, however, when I try I am asked to relog on. And when I do, I am told to logon again and when I do, I am asked to relog in again! :a

I hope that sobody can help.

Thanks

You need to get the latest beta release 4.1.2.0. The version you have won’t run under Windows 98. It’s fixed in the last release.

You need to get the latest beta release 4.1.2.0.

Thank You :bow:

I was going Nuts trying to find out what was wrong:confused:

But, was the problem of this version of DVDFab (finally got the name right:D) not running under Win98 restricted to the 4.1.0.3 version only?

And that versions before and after it are runnable under Win98?

Whatever, I am downloading DVDFab 4.1.2.0, and let you know if it works.

Then I’ll be back to ask if it is possible using DVDFab to remove a video segment from a DVD and replace it with another video segment, then burn it onto a new DVD.

Version 4.1.2.0 did not work :sad::sad:

Everything is excatly the same as in my first post!

I still get the error report window when I try to run DVDFab.:confused:

Does Any Version on DVDFab Platimum work under Win98?

To help, I am uploading all the error logs that were generated.

Along with a photo of what I get wern I open DVDFab

I hope it will help.

FAB Files.ZIP (87.6 KB)

I have Platinum ver 4.1.2.0 running under Windows Me and I have only 128MB RAM. No problems here.

That you can’t see your reader could be that the ASPI layer is corrupt. Try to update it/reinstall it.

i really dont know whats going on. there is a guide for uninstalling dvdfab for windows xp. if you follow the guide and apply it to win98 you may come close to getting all deleted.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1711788-post1.html

hope this helps.

Please consider updating from Win98.

It really is on it’s last legs.

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2026080]Please consider updating from Win98.

It really is on it’s last legs.[/QUOTE]

Plus it is no longer being updated or supported by microsoft …which most app’s coming out need the new updates to work :eek:

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2026080]
Please consider updating from Win98.

It really is on it’s last legs.
[/QUOTE]
True. Microsoft’s policy seems to be that it’s newer development tools designed to work better with Vista are also designed to produce applications that won’t work with 9x/ME.

Developers for MS Windows platforms can’t very well ignore Vista, so if we want to use new or updated applications developed with newer Microsoft tools, we’re pretty well going to be forced to switch to XP or Vista to run them, whether we like it or not.

Now that Microsoft has released SP3 for XP, I’ll probably be attempting to switch to XP fairly soon.

If (or perhaps more realistically, when) Fengtao chooses to stop supporting 98/SE, then so be it, but for now at least, Fengtao still chooses to support 98/SE, so DVDFab ought to work correctly with these older OSes.

[QUOTE=Dart Boy;2025740]
When I open it however, after getting the page asking for the registration code/free trial, the FadDVD interface stays for 1 second then is overlaided by a Crach Report window. Then FabDVD freezes.
[/QUOTE]
I suggest sending the crash report to fengtao(at)dvdidle.com (replace the (at) with an @ character).

[QUOTE=Dart Boy;2026040]
Version 4.1.2.0 did not work :sad::sad:

Does Any Version on DVDFab Platimum work under Win98?
[/QUOTE]

For me, with 98SE, very recent releases that do work (mostly, at least) include 4.1.0.2, 4.1.1.7 Beta, and 4.1.2.0. Recent release that don’t work at all for me are 4.1.1.0 Beta, 4.1.1.5 Beta, and 4.1.1.6 Beta.

In Answers to Your Question:

Please consider updating from Win98

That was the plan when WIN98 Died on me last month, however, I was just fired from my job (the wife fired the husband both in the boardroom & bedroom) in a cost cutting move. So choosing between food/heat and a new OS, I has to choose the former!

I suggest sending the crash report to fengtao(at)dvdidle.com

I did, and this is what I got back from Ellen Zang.

[U]Please try the latest version of DVDFab Platinum 4.1.2.0 at…to see the result.[/U]

Well, I did and you all know what happend. In fact it was worse! :sad:

But, I’ll sent it again to fengtao and see what happens :flower:

guide for uninstalling dvdfab for windows xp. if you follow the guide and apply it to win98

It is Not the same for Win98. For after you remove DVDFab using the uninstall command. Non of the other files listed for delete are on the hard drive.

could be that the ASPI layer is corrupt.

Where would I find it, and how will I know its corrupt/old?

For me, with 98SE, very recent releases that do work (mostly, at least) include

The only version on the ones you listed that I did not try was 4.1.1.7 Beta.

I’ll give it a go, and let you know what happens

Good News :smiley:

Bad News:sad:

The “good” news is that I got version 4.1.1.7 to "work: !
(I removed the free DVDFab decripter)

The “bad news” is that I still have problems!

It takes 2 to 5 opening attemps to get a stable running application,
and each time I am asked is this a free trial or a registration number.

I still get the Crash report window

It takes 10 or more seconds after clicking on a command to get that command to work! And sometimes not at all no matter how many clicks!

And some of the application’s GUI dissapears or won’t appear.

Being so unstable I still may remove it.

But, I want to give it’s merge feature a try before deciding it it is worth all the trouble.

Still waiting for a reply from dvdidle to see if they have an answer.

When I get one, I will lwt you know:bigsmile:

when you uninstall DVDFab HD Decrypter was platinum still instal if so you may way to uninstall and reinstall, reason is when you uninstal the free decrypter it may have uninstalled a item used by platinum…worth a try

Sorry for the delay, but, for over a week now I was unable to log in. Every time I enter my user name/password I was retuned to the sign in page to reenter it again. and again, and again, and…

I have given up on FabDVD Platinum, and is inability to wor Nothing I tried stoped that error report window from opening. or unable to read a dvd from the DVD drive :a

I have gone back to the free DVDFab decripter.

Yes, that does mean that I have to use other software to do what Platinum could do in one step.

But, at lease they all work:bigsmile:

P.S. I am still waiting for a reply from FabDVD technical support. If they can come up with an answer. I may give Platinum one more chance:rolleyes: