Fab reads slow/ RipIt4Me reads fast?

vbimport

ok… try this again…
All my ducks are in a row with latest fab version.
Plextor writer at DMA 4[ always].
try to rip any movies with fab and will not read faster than 2.65kb;s

same movies in the old ripit4me program and I am reading like waaay up there… 16000kbs…
[which is what Fab normally will read eventually at as it will start the ripping around 6or 7000kbs.

any help here?
thanks…

What happens if you disable Pathplayer ? also what are your settings for “Read” ?

I have no problem with DVDFab the movies I backed up last night read at 7.5 at the start and went up to 16.8 by the time it got to the end of the process

I/O mode auto

enable read ahead is “checked”

Interesting though is I have the same updated version on my laptop
and same move moved along fine on the laptop so…
beginning to think it is my Plextor 716A that is the problem…

Don’t forget there’s a speed difference between single layer and dual layer discs.

Only single layer discs with basic or no protection will rip at 16 MB/s.

7-8 MB/s is relatively normal for dual layer discs but the speed you get for any particular disc also depends on the type of protection used since there’s more of an overhead involved in removing the more severe ones.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2569943]Don’t forget there’s a speed difference between single layer and dual layer discs.

[B]Only single layer discs with basic or no protection will rip at 16 MB/s.[/B]
7-8 MB/s is relatively normal for dual layer discs but the speed you get for any particular disc also depends on the type of protection used since there’s more of an overhead involved in removing the more severe ones.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Well then I must be lucky even with “Transformers 2” got up to 14 3 MB/s by the time it got to the end of the rip. :cool:

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2570040]Well then I must be lucky even with “Transformers 2” got up to 14 3 MB/s by the time it got to the end of the rip. :cool:

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]

It depends on the protection, what hardware you have, how full the second layer is and other factors too. That’s why it varies.

That’s exceptionally fast though so you’re lucky indeed. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]