Fab DL burn

Playback of Fab(express) DL backup of Lord Of War resulted in a freeze at what I think was the layer break. Was able to FF (search mode) to unfreeze and continue, but obviously not optimum…think I have seen posts about this issue before also. Have an alternate solution (dvddecrypt/anydvd/imgburn) for rip/burn (thanks Maineman), but Fengtao, can you look at this. Can’t beat your app simplicity if this quirk can be solved. From what I remember in posts, not limited to this title.

Hi Fengtao,

Agree with larry. Love your products as you know, and as larry said re: the layer break, “…Can’t beat your app simplicity if this quirk can be solved…”

I get flawless bkups with AnyDVD in combo with DVD Decrypter (or Img for the burn). Absolutely no issues with the layer break (LB). I’m able to get great bkups - quality-wise, both with gold and express but the LB is like this annoying seam that sometimes freezes or otherwise “acts up”. I love the fact that Fab can copy, just the movie, without all the extras. In order to accomplish this with dvdd decrypter, I have to spend time fooling with a tool like VobBlanker, which I really would rather not do.

I’m not sure if this is an anticipated modification with your new version of platinum, but please consider it. In any case, thank-you for all your hard work and continued improvements. It is very much appreciated… :clap:

Tom

Dear all,

I’ll try to improve the layer break removal code soon, please wait for new beta.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thank-you… :bow::cool:

Tom

ditto on that, and Tom, thanks for backup! :cop:

I did “Wedding Crashers” using Gold on Ritek R01 with slight pause in uncorked and none in the theater one. Used te VSO instector and got 99.99% scan. I probably won’t do many DLs because of expense and I hate all the junk you have before the movie.

Mack

Dear Fengtao,
I am new to this board. Can you direct me to where I can learn how to do the following. I use DVD Shrink and have recently encountered problems in a few back ups (new releases) so I download DVD Dycryptor. I used it and it saved it. But now I am unsure how to bring it into DVD Shrink. When I located the file it gave me an error. Please help me with the correct process of using DVD Dycryptor and using DVD Shrink.

Thank you so much.

MAYO

I’ll try to improve the layer break removal code soon, please wait for new beta.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

Hi MAYO,

You can use our freeware DVDFab Decrypter to save DVD to hard disk, then use DVD Shrink to prcess it.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=164364

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Hi,

Please try latest DVDFab beta to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=164637

Edit: I have done several tests on Verbatim DVD+R DL, and there is no freeze at layer break when playback on standalone Philips DVP 642.

Best Regards,
Fengtao