Fab and Imgburn

Hi, I am using DVDFab 5.2.3.0 and Imgburn. Is DVDFab supposed to pass the burn speed to Imgburn or is the only way to set the speed in Imgburn to us Auto mode and set the speed for different types of disks? Setting the speed to 8x in DVDFab causes Imgburn at Max speed of the disk.

Thanks, DJ

ImgBurn is an independent software, so it will determine its own speed if set to Auto, usually Max rated speed of the disc.
You can set speed manually to what you want.

[quote=DJK23;2196484]Hi, I am using DVDFab 5.2.3.0 and Imgburn. Is DVDFab supposed to pass the burn speed to Imgburn or is the only way to set the speed in Imgburn to us Auto mode and set the speed for different types of disks? Setting the speed to 8x in DVDFab causes Imgburn at Max speed of the disk.

Thanks, DJ[/quote]Yes, it is supposed to pass the burn speed to ImgBurn if you selected one and it did at one time. I have not tried it since DVDFab’s default speed selection logic was changed recently, don’t know if that would have any impact or not. I never use “recommended” or “max” for burning video.

Thanks Sig, I thought at one time that it did pass the burn speed to Imgburn also but that seems not to be the case now.

DJK

I only use ImgBurn as the burn engine for DVDFab and no matter what setting I have set in DVDFab as the write speed ImgBurn uses the write speed that I have set for each MID, thus the write speed will always change according to the MID of the disc I use :bigsmile:

DJK23, WITH DVDFAB5230…recommended >then use img as burn eng…>set burn speed [ write ] for particular type of disc make…if disc is cheapie 16x use ,setting 4x, also set for disc e.g cheapie 16x read + verify on imgburn ,to 4x… no more coasters for a while… a bit of extra time…normal 2hr movie @ these settings 20/30m to hard drive…+15m for burn +14m… for verify. so far movies have worked out without having to watch if burned as requiered ! i use thi to make backups one each for some of my sons valuable dvd series and keep on my premises in case he gets burgled. :wink: :cool:

djk23…further to my previous suggestions i would like to add … with more expensive discs [high quality dl ]…you could increase burning speed…as i have time but lack funds…i stay with the no name brands which are sometimes the same quality but less attractive packaging ! :wink: :cool:

[quote=Jolly-Roger;2197520]djk23…further to my previous suggestions i would like to add … with more expensive discs [high quality dl ]…you could increase burning speed…as i have time but lack funds…i stay with the no name brands which are sometimes the same quality but less attractive packaging ! :wink: :cool:[/quote] The only thing there my friend is the dye tends to fade out much faster and then all you will have down the road is a bunch of frisbees and you have lost all that time and money so in the long run if you want to keep your movies for a long time then I would use the top quality media such as everybody mentioned, I got 2 100 pks of Verbatim 16x +R from Newegg and after the rebate they came out to $18 a 100. That is if you are in the US

am on there looking for this rebate right now lol where? :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2198121]The only thing there my friend is the dye tends to fade out much faster and then all you will have down the road is a bunch of frisbees and you have lost all that time and money so in the long run if you want to keep your movies for a long time then I would use the top quality media such as everybody mentioned, I got 2 100 pks of Verbatim 16x +R from Newegg and after the rebate they came out to $18 a 100. [B]That is if you are in the US[/B][/QUOTE]That person is in South Africa Jim

Jimbo…i follow what your’e saying &will take heed ! dont stay in usa…i stay in rsa…discs you suggest are not available here…unless the go under another name,which here in rep of south africa is not unlikely…but i dont know…prices here depend on packaging as well as quality…but names are deceiving…you think you bought sony e.g. or some other make and often when a disc identifier is used u get big surprises sometimes to the good usually not,most of the stuff is from china,thailand,indonesia and a few from japan. only one make i think fom u.k. …ritek ? there does not seem to be much control. bit wary bying over internet as it might be difficult to return incorrect goods. :bow: :wink: THANK YOU for your interest!

[quote=Bob;2198127]That person is in South Africa Jim[/quote] Thanks Bob as I didn’t know what the RSA was :confused::confused: