Fab 6.0.2.2 - Sound synchronisation

Hi,

I’m having an intermittant problem with sound sync. On one particular disk, Once Upon a Time in America (Disk 2) the sound gets ahead of the picture by 10 to 30 seconds and stays that way until a scene change.
I’m using DVD to Mobile (iPod).

Can anyone offer any advice?

I haven’t seen any sync issues with DVDFab yet, but with a previous program sometimes it helped to rip the DVD to the hard drive first and then convert from the hard drive image to the iPod file.

In addition to jdb’s suggestion, you could also try selecting a different iPod profile (there are several), changing some of the audio settings (sample rate, bitrate, stream selection) or video settings (output screen size, video bitrate, frame rate) to see if that makes any difference.

Hi
I have also audio sync problems with DVDFab file to mobile functionality. My original is MOV file from Canon Powershot camera and I am trying to convert them to AVI files with DVDFab 6.0.2.2.
I have tried several different options and with several different MOV files, but the problem is still existing. I have verified that there are no audio sync problems in original MOV files. While replicating the problem and testing different options, I noticed that only about 90% of the video has been processed. If I process only audio then I achieve 100% level and the length that is matching with original file length. The conclusion is that DVDFab somehow losses about 10% from all of my MOV file video data and that is why I have audio sync problems.
Jarno

[QUOTE=signals;2304422]In addition to jdb’s suggestion, you could also try selecting a different iPod profile (there are several), changing some of the audio settings (sample rate, bitrate, stream selection) or video settings (output screen size, video bitrate, frame rate) to see if that makes any difference.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Signals but I’ve tried all that. Something very interesting though, when I ripped the disk to the HDD on the computer, the same problem occurred so I duplicated the whole DVD and the copy had the same problem. I grabbed another DVD and tried that with no problem arising. I’m wondering if there is a devious form of copy protection in the movie that is embedded in the second disk…who knows.

Wal

It’s probably more that the DVD was authored in a weird way. Luckily the devs monitor these forums so it’s likely that you’ve put this movie on their list of things to look at and hopefully there will be a fix soon but you may want to email tech support to make sure (reference this thread in your request).

Jarno, File to Mobile has a slew of iterations that need testing, it’s quite possible that MOV-to-AVI has an issue or it may simply be a quirk of how the PowerShot records video. I’d open a support ticket to make sure they know about the situation, but in the mean time you can also try converting to other formats that are supported by the end device to see if they also have problems. That can also help troubleshoot the issue, if it’s a problem with MOV decoding or the PowerShot in particular it may happen with all profiles but if it’s a quirk of MOV to AVI only it should work.

Hi
I just want to update my case.
I have now open ticket with support and we have done some progress with this MOV to AVI conversion issue. It turned out that this has nothing to do with Canon Powershot, because problem exists also with another MOV files. Next I need to test this case with another PC to check if this is PC related issue. Support is suggesting that perhaps other conversion software or viruscheck are interfiering MOV to AVI conversion.
Jarno

try installing dvdfab on a different computer and run it again.

i had the same issue in both ver. 5 & 6. it is fixed since i use dvdfab on another comp.

CAUSE:
system interupts, driver problems

try installing dvdfab on a different computer and run it again.

i had the same issue in both ver. 5 & 6. it is fixed since i use dvdfab on another comp.

CAUSE:
system interupts, driver problems

Hi
I tried to use also Windows XP PC, but same sync problem still exists. However I need to admit that both PCs include quite a lot different audio/video software. I will try later on different Windows Vista PC that is more “clean” than the other older PCs.

Jarno