CD, but i figured it out…and here is what i did (hope this helps someone)
Game Title: F.E.A.R
Game Version: 1.02
Publisher: Vivendi Universal Games
Copy Protection: SecuROM 7.00.00.0149
Steps for mounting the CD Version of F.E.A.R.:
1. Download the following: Alcohol 120, Daemon Tools 4, and Starforce Nightmare.
2. Start Alcohol 120.
3. Click Image Making Wizard on the left.
4. Use these settings:
5. Click next.
6. Click start.
7. When the DPM window pops up select 1x:
8. You should now have a successful .mds and .mdf.
9. Now, still in Alcohol 120. Select Virtual Drive on the left:
10. Now put the number of virtual drives to 0 and press OK:
My Computer went from:
-----You are now done with Alcohol 120-----
11. Start up Starforce Nightmare.
12. Select the following:
13. My Computer should now look like (no cd or dvd drives):
14. Exit Starforce Nightmare.
-----You are now done with Starforce Nightmare-----
15. Start up Daemon Tools and create one emulated drive:
16. My Computer should now look like:
17. Now set emulated drive on Securom:
18. Mount your image that you created in Alcohol:
19. My Computer should now look like:
20. Start the game and have fun!
If you have succeded, than . If you haven’t, than leave a post with your question.