- Windows XP
- Pentium 4
- 2GB RAM (actually it’s 2 point something, I think)
- Plenty of free disk space.
- I know I have all the right system requirements.
- I tried using multiple brands and speeds of DVD-R’s and only one brand actually works, which is the Staples brand.
- I tried using multiple burning softwares, like Nero and Roxio (which the burner came with) and nothing works except one program I have called CloneDVD2.
- And although it does work with one particular brand of DVD with one particular software, it takes about 5 to 6 hours to complete the burning process for one DVD!!!
I used to have a 4x speed external DVD burner from the same company and it worked perfectly at a much faster speed than this one. So why is it running so slow and giving me so many problems with softwares and DVD brands??? I have searched everywhere on the internet with no luck. All I keep coming across is information about DMA/PIO, but I’ve been into the Device Manager many times and everything seems to be set to DMA so I don’t think that’s the problem, unless I’m missing more details. I also read something about going into the BIOS to fix something there but didn’t quite understand. Maybe it has something to do with that??? This seems like a really tough issue but I’m hoping someone here has some kind of idea as to what could possibly be wrong with it (or what I’m doing wrong).
NOTE: I’m not very computer savvy, so if something needs explaining, please do it in detail