Extracting several scenes from DVD complete with Subtitles

I have several foreign language DVDs that I would like to extract several scenes, retaining the audio & english subtitles and then create a separate DVD containing those scenes.

Have tried this with Videoredo, Uleads MovieFactory 4 SE, and Nero Vision Express 3. Works except no subtitles.

Was told to try reauthoring mode in DVD Shrink. That (if it will work) would require that I save off each scene as a separate DVD file on my hard drive. Then again in reauthor mode, combine the several scenes into a new DVD compliation.

Reading through the forum here, it appears that DRM might be able to do the same thing with less effort(??)

If it is possible, are there any guides I can check out that would help?

Appreciate any and all comments and suggestions. Thanks.

DRMP is able to do it as it is so customizable but not less effort though. I think you should go with DVD Shrink. No, you don’t have to save each scene to HD and recombine them in Re-author mode again. This is unnecessary step. You can browse to a different folder from the directory drop-down list and choose another scene.

Toaddub,

Thanks for the suggestion. DVD Shrink did the cuts beautifully. Then used DRM to merge the scenes into one DVD.

Need to play a bit with DRM to figure out the post command edits required for continuous play. Also if I have more than 4 'projects" I’d have to merge multiple merges I guess. Hmmm. . . Will also have to investigate creating ‘chapter’ bookmarks/menus. <scratching head> <smile>

But I am at least headed in the right direction.

Thanks again for the help.

–Gene

I’m confused. Why are you using DRM to merge the scenes? Doesn’t DVD Shrink merge all the scenes into one DVD in Re-author mode already, where each scene is a separate title?

I did merge all the scenes initially with DVD Shrink. But I had no menu to allow me to select the different scenes. Thus used the Merge Projects feature in DRM.

Over the longer term, I suspect that I’ll start playing with creating title menus, chapter menus (each scene being its own chapter), etc. For now the quick and dirty is cut/export with DVD Shrink, Merge Projects with DRM to get menu.

Regards.

–Gene

Try TitleWriter…
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/TitleWriter

[quote=healy;1839627]I have several foreign language DVDs that I would like to extract several scenes, retaining the audio & english subtitles and then create a separate DVD containing those scenes.

Have tried this with Videoredo, Uleads MovieFactory 4 SE, and Nero Vision Express 3. Works except no subtitles.

Was told to try reauthoring mode in DVD Shrink. That (if it will work) would require that I save off each scene as a separate DVD file on my hard drive. Then again in reauthor mode, combine the several scenes into a new DVD compliation.

Reading through the forum here, it appears that DRM might be able to do the same thing with less effort(??)

If it is possible, are there any guides I can check out that would help?

Appreciate any and all comments and suggestions. Thanks.[/quote]

Just open each DVD in DVD ReMake Pro. Then Edit each one to the way you want and then Copy the entire VTS of Each DVD to the one you want to contain all of them. Bingo! You’re done. It will take much longer to open them then to do the actual work. To copy 4 VTSs should take about half a minute.