Extracting Audio

vbimport

Anyone know a program that can separate the audio from DVD’s? Something to take the audio from a live concert DVD and mak it into an mp3?

PgcDemux to extract the AC3.
HeadAC3he to convert it to WAV.
EAC or CDex to make the MP3.

You can also use the Split by Chapter function in DVD to Mobile in DVDFab with a profile that makes MP3 audio, then strip the MP3s using Yamb or something similar. The stripping only takes 10-15 seconds per chapter. If you try this select the smallest screen resolution and a low video bitrate for faster conversion since you will be discarding the video anyway.

[QUOTE=signals;2095980]You can also use the Split by Chapter function in DVD to Mobile in DVDFab with a profile that makes MP3 audio, then strip the MP3s using Yamb or something similar. The stripping only takes 10-15 seconds per chapter. If you try this select the smallest screen resolution and a low video bitrate for faster conversion since you will be discarding the video anyway.[/QUOTE]I was thinking you had a guide here for that :confused: but i could be wrong.

You are correct sir! but it is outdated. :frowning: It was written before the split by chapter feature was available, which makes all of the Merge steps unnecessary. It floats around in the stickies somewhere, waiting for me to update it. I still need to redo some of the screen captures to match the new UI for DVDFab and Yamb.

Yep. Yamb 2.0.0.8 is Vista-compatible and the main menu is redesigned, but the underlying screens work pretty much the same. I managed to get DVDFab v5.0.6.0 to work for one pass, and Yamb couldn’t have been easier to strip out the soundtrack. I was able to process it through Audacity, and isolate the song I wanted, with ease.

Today, though, the problem with the task cancelling has been getting in the way.

[QUOTE=redsox1918;2095961]Anyone know a program that can separate the audio from DVD’s? Something to take the audio from a live concert DVD and make it into an mp3?[/QUOTE]

You can give DVD Audio Extractor a try free for 30 days, without any limitations.

“Anyone know a program that can separate the audio from DVD’s”

Duh - type “extract DVD audio” into google & press ENTER.

Also didn’t we go through all of this 2 weeks ago ?
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/music-video-248184/

Next time, try searching the forum before asking.

[quote=vagreys;2096255]Yep. Yamb 2.0.0.8 is Vista-compatible and the main menu is redesigned, but the underlying screens work pretty much the same. I managed to get DVDFab v5.0.6.0 to work for one pass, and Yamb couldn’t have been easier to strip out the soundtrack. I was able to process it through Audacity, and isolate the song I wanted, with ease.

Today, though, the problem with the task cancelling has been getting in the way.[/quote]Well, Bob shamed me into doing all the screen captures to update the guide yesterday, so I did a complete DVD for that with no problems (Moody Blues|Red Rocks, R1). MP4Box kept crashing on completion, though (but the MP3 strips were perfect). The Yamb UI was fine. Not sure what is happening there, but have to find out before I can update the guide.

[QUOTE=signals;2096340]Well, Bob shamed me into doing all the screen captures to update the guide yesterday, so I did a complete DVD for that with no problems (Moody Blues|Red Rocks, R1). MP4Box kept crashing on completion, though (but the MP3 strips were perfect). The Yamb UI was fine. Not sure what is happening there, but have to find out before I can update the guide.[/QUOTE]Well uh sorry there signals. I didn’t meant for you to update the guide sorry :flower:

I was just making sure i wasn’t crazy for remembering you made one at one time :slight_smile:

Heheh well, it has needed it for some time. Nothing in it is current anymore. It’s hard to do guides for DVDFab because of the furious pace of new features and updates, but that is a good problem. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=redsox1918;2095961]Anyone know a program that can separate the audio from DVD’s? Something to take the audio from a live concert DVD and mak it into an mp3?[/QUOTE]

http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/136/59/

this is now supported by dvdfab alone
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/audio-only-files-dvdfab-mobile-option-guide-214234/#post2105283