External USB DVD burner

vbimport

Recently my laptop started intermittently recognizing my DVD burner. I purchased a LG 20x (I know not the best but was on the shelf) external burner.

I’m attempting to burn my first disc with the new drive using Fab 6.2.2.0 and it’s burning at .01MB/sec and in 4:52:24 it has only burned 4.85% of a ~3.68gb uncompressed disc.

I’ve already canceled out once and run the check for DMA. Fab settings were not changed from my 8x laptop drive.

Burn rate is set for 4x. Disc Verbatim 16x DVD+R.

Any suggestions or do I just have a POS that needs to go back to Best Buy?

[QUOTE=packratt;2500397]Recently my laptop started intermittently recognizing my DVD burner. I purchased a LG 20x (I know not the best but was on the shelf) external burner.

I’m attempting to burn my first disc with the new drive using Fab 6.2.2.0 and it’s burning at .01MB/sec and in 4:52:24 it has only burned 4.85% of a ~3.68gb uncompressed disc.

I’ve already canceled out once and run the check for DMA. Fab settings were not changed from my 8x laptop drive.

Burn rate is set for 4x. Disc Verbatim 16x DVD+R.

Any suggestions or do I just have a POS that needs to go back to Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

Hi packratt

With those Verbatim’s I suggest you set the write speed to 8x or even 16x, as far as the drive burning so slow…have you checked to see if the firmware is the latest firmware for the drive/burner ?, also which burn engine are you using ?.

If you are not using ImgBurn as the burn engine I suggest you give it a try, there is a guide below in my signature called “Settings” on how to set them both up to work great together :smiley:

Usually this is due to a non-properly working usb connection/drive enclosure/chipset or the fact that you are running dvdfab to read, decrypt and then transcode and THEn burn the data/movie to dvd.
Make sure you rip/decrypt/transcode first to the hdd and then burn the output to a dvd.