External sound usb

vbimport

My acer laptop’s internal sound does not work anymore. Is the an external solution like a usb available?

Hi and Welcome!

an USB audio device provides some input and output connectors. So you need additional (external) speakers or a headset to hear anything.

Perhaps it is not a bad idea to describe exactly, what is not working with your audio, and what you have already done to narrow down the problem.

Michael

yes you can get USB external sound cards
for a good price i have seen some for a 10.00
in some computer shops but what i have been told about them
thay can get a bit static and go very low in volume

i just want to say sorry for puting a weblink and email link i did not no the rules
sorry

Thanks Michael for your reply. The sound of my acer just stopped working and started making scratchy sounds. A friend of mine has the exact same acer and her sound also stopped. My son opened the laptop and he said that the onboard sound cannot be fixed.
Heleen

Hi,[QUOTE=heleenhenstock;2486528]Thanks Michael for your reply. The sound of my acer just stopped working and started making scratchy sounds. A friend of mine has the exact same acer and her sound also stopped.[/quote]To rule out driver and software issues, you may try a live Linux disc (Ubuntu or something like that)

My son opened the laptop and he said that the onboard sound cannot be fixed.

Opening the laptop was not a good idea since now any warranty is void.
If there is really something wrong with the audio hardware, then using an USB audio device together with external speakers or headphones are your only option then. You can’t use the internal speakers with an external audio device.

Michael

Thanks very much for your time Michael. I really appreciate it. The warranty on the laptop expired quite some time ago anyway. I have external speakers that i can use with the usb audio device. I suppose I can buy it at any computer store then.
Regards
Heleen

Hi,QUOTE=heleenhenstock;2486668I have external speakers that i can use with the usb audio device. I suppose I can buy it at any computer store then. [/QUOTE]Indeed, you can buy such an USB audio thingy at your favourite computer store :slight_smile:

cheers,
Michael