External LG BE06LU1 record/writer

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG BE06LU10. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi

I was looking at buying the LG BE06LU1 external drive and I was wondering what everyone opinions are on the drive on price and reliability?

Also can anyone tell me when ripping a blu-ray using dvdfab and converting to ipod.mpeg 4 what the file size will be? I am going to put this to ipod classic 80gb and I dont wnat to use the room with limited movie choice?

Thanks

Andrew

This is the newest external Blu-ray burner and HD DVD reader from LG. In the US, it retails for $430 but I’m not sure about the availability in the UK.

Most LG drives are highly rated especially the blu-ray/hd dvd drives. But you will need a faster computer since this is an external drive.

DVDFab cannot rip a blu-ray disc directly but there are some blu-ray disc from Fox studio with “Digital copy” feature on a separate disc (usually Disc 1 is Blu-ray, Disc 2 is DVD with Digital Copy). Depending on the length of the movie, you can transfer various digital copy versions, smaller resolution for portable device will be around 400-500 MB, higher resolution can be around 1GB.