External Hard Drive Case

vbimport

I’m new to the site and hope this is the right forum to be posting this in. Okay- I’m not 100% on the exact model so I didn’t fill that out. It’s a Serial ATA 120 gb internal that was in my old dell e1705 (hunk of crap). I just purchased the newer MBP, installed bootcamp with XP and all that great stuff, and had a question regarding this hard drive.

Would it be possible to purchase a case for it and turn it into an external hard drive? With the split partitions, my XP half only ends up with 40 GB to the macs 120 and any extra space would help. It seems to small for a case, but someone told me they make cases that small. So, the questions are:

Would this work at all based on:
Case size, hard drive, and format of the hard drive?
If so: which case would I go about buying (cheaper better, as I am pretty poor right now and cannot afford to drop a lot- someone I know got one for ~$60 which is a little pricey but I could pull it off (similar size))?

Thanks!

Hi and Welcome!

this is a 2.5" Sata drive?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817816001 (no recommendation, just a random pick)

Michael

Here’s one I’ve used in the past with good results: Transcend USB 1.1/2.0 enclosure for 2.5" SATA HDD

No fancy stuff, just a simple aluminum enclosure that works.

Thanks so much! I’ll give one or the other a try :slight_smile: