External Enclosure for Pioneer 116D

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-116D. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I need an External Enclosure for my Pioneer 116D writer and I’ve been searching high and low for one but have got nothing but confused. If someone can point me to an enclosure compatible with this write I’d really appreciate it. I would like one at the cheapest price possible but if not just post anything.

Not sure if it matters but I’m using the writer to create xbox 360 backups which is fairly large data transfer.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Sorry for bumping my own thread, I could not find an edit option. I just wanted to add that I found some USB 2.0 IDE adapters for 2.5" / 3.5" / 5.25" devices. I would post a link but I read outside links are not allowed so I just copied the specs for you to see, if someone can tell me if this would work as an alternative to an enclosure I’d appreciate it

[B]USB2.0 IDE Adapter for 2.5" / 3.5" / 5.25" Devices[/B]

Are you looking for an external HD? Do you have an IDE Hard Disk or a CD-ROM/RW/DVD you’d like to make external? Do you want to have your data always at your finger tips? This USB2.0 IDE Adapter will let you do all that. Just plug in your IDE 2.5" / 3.5" / 5.25" Device to the adapter and you’re allset!

[B]* USB 2.0 to IDE cable
* Connects any device with an IDE Interface to any PC with USB interface
* Supports Hard-Disks, CD-ROM/RW, COMBO, DVD-ROM/RAM, DVD-RW
* Complies with USB 2.0 standards, also compatible with USB 1.1 standards
* Transfer rate approx. 480 MB/s and 52X write speed
* Easy to backup data and exchange, plug and play
* External power adapter: (input: AC 100V-240V / output: 12V=2A and 5V=2A)
* Supports Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP/Mac
* Retail packaging[/B]

Package Contents:
[B]
* IDE to USB adapter cable (with 40-pin and 44 pin IDE port)
* AC power adapter
* Power cord for US outlet
* English Instruction Manual[/B]

bump for a needed answer
:smiley: