External CD drive only for music ripping

vbimport

have lurked in the forum for awhile, but just joined. i have searched, but i can’t find the answer to what appears to be a straightforward question.

what would be the best external drive strictly for ripping cd’s. it will have no other use at all. i don’t mind “rolling my own” with an internal drive and enclosure if that’s the better option.

it will be hooked to a macbook to rip to itunes on an nas…

thanks in advance.

[QUOTE=ccotenj;1999416]it will be hooked to a macbook to rip to itunes on an nas… [/quote] Do mac books have firewire or just usb 2?

Make your own external NEC dvd drive, flash it with special firmware that removes the rip capping (check rpc1.org or liggy&dee’s firmware page) via windows first and connect it to your mac.

I don’t know if a mac supports all drives though. Better check the hardware compatibility list of the mac book and safari.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;1999860]Do mac books have firewire or just usb 2?

Make your own external NEC dvd drive, flash it with special firmware that removes the rip capping (check rpc1.org or liggy&dee’s firmware page) via windows first and connect it to your mac.

I don’t know if a mac supports all drives though. Better check the hardware compatibility list of the mac book and safari.[/QUOTE]

yup, macbooks have firewire…

which nec drive to use? i’ll check for compatibility…

thanks.