External Cases

I have an internal LG GSA4040B. I am thinking on buying one of those combo cases for USB and firewire. Did someone knows if it will work? as far as I know any IDE device can be connected. My concern is about if the software would recognize the drive.
Any comment would be appreciated

Hi there fuagda,

Although I never thried this with a LG drive, I’m quite sure that it works (as I don’t see why it shouldn’t work, as indeed, all IDE/ATAPI devices should work). I did try this with several other devices (CDRW, DVDROM, DVDRW) and they all worked without a single problem.

What external enclosure do you want to buy?

Dee-ehn,

What enclosure would you recommend? Any that you would avoid?

I’m thinking of a USB2 only, as I don’t have firewire currently. Are there significant advantages to FW over USB2 that should cause me to get a dual connection enclosure?

Thanks

Originally posted by GoAheadMkMyDay
[B]Dee-ehn,

What enclosure would you recommend? Any that you would avoid?

I’m thinking of a USB2 only, as I don’t have firewire currently. Are there significant advantages to FW over USB2 that should cause me to get a dual connection enclosure?

Thanks [/B]

I don’t see a reason why USB2 shouldn’t be enough, so I guess there aren’t a lot of reasons for going with FireWire (except for when the price isn’t much higher or if you got a system that has FireWire but no USB2).

What case I’d recommend? Pfft… I never bought such a case for myself, but (for others) I always went for the cheapest I could find and they never gave me problems…