External Burners (this anygood?)

vbimport

Hi there,

Been lurking for a while here and finally decided to join in the fun! :slight_smile:

I’ve just got a new Lenovo laptop but the drive is a Mitshita. I’ve read many problems about them so I don’t trust it to burn good quality discs.

I’m now looking for an external drive to do all my burning. Are they reliable? How do they compare to internals?

I’m looking for best quality burns as I always use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media and I back-up lots of big WAV/Flac audio files to them all the time.

I have a Pioneer 112D in my desktop which has never failed so far, every burn flawless and I’ve burned well over 400 discs in it in the past year. I’m now demoting my desktop PC to retirement. Well the family will use it for basic things but I wanted a lappy as an upgrade.

I found this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/External-Pioneer-USB-20X-DVD-Dual-Layer-Re-Writer-Drive_W0QQitemZ110252044015QQihZ001QQcategoryZ3754QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

^^That any good for my needs?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your time. I look forward to posting more in future.

Simon.

Hi and Welcome!

this unit isn’t a bad one. :slight_smile:

Please note, this is not a retail external drive but a compilation of internal drive installed in an enclosure by the vendor.

Michael

Thanks for the kind welcome.

:slight_smile: