ExpressVPN: is its claim of being the fastest VPN on earth correct?

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following review: ExpressVPN: is its claim of being the fastest VPN on earth correct?[newsimage]http://www.myce.com/wp-content/images_posts/2016/11/hulu-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/review/expressvpn-claim-fastest-vpn-earth-correct-80850/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I have never used a VPN before, but have decided to start caring about our privacy. I thought I cared about it before as far as security goes, but I guess this is the next level not that I will stop what I’m doing now. From the little research I have done so far, Express comes out on top of my short list, but a friend whose opinion I respect has recommended Surfeasy. As long as it doesn’t take away from the thread, any input? Ease of use would be a factor.

@BeeefBarly: the only advice I can give you is to make sure you don’t use the PPTP protocol to connect to a VPN. PPTP might seem tempting, since it can be used on many platforms without additional software, but it’s highly insecure. I usually recommend OpenVPN, so if that’s an option, go for it. Also, read the provider’s privacy statement very carefully. If they log your activities, they don’t deserve your business.

The LA ping seemed pretty decent. Wish the same could be said about the ping to Amsterdam. i use the ivacy the other way around, that is, to ping from Europe to USA. seems pretty decent with the ping being around 100 usually.

The ping to LA seemed decent enough. and the upload too. wish the same was true for Amsterdam. I usually sort use ivacy to do it the other way around, because i ping from the UK to US. the ping is usually around the 100 mark.

Is it possible @ Express VPN by using a permanent VPN connection via your router, so that all connected devices are using the VPN?

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2784246]Is it possible @ Express VPN by using a permanent VPN connection via your router, so that all connected devices are using the VPN?[/QUOTE]
That depends on your router model some can do that and some can’t. The more expensive the router the more options you get.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2784249]That depends on your router model some can do that and some can’t. The more expensive the router the more options you get.[/QUOTE]

Suppose if your router can do this. Is it allowed @ ExpressVPN?

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2784300]Suppose if your router can do this. Is it allowed @ ExpressVPN?[/QUOTE]
Then until someone does this they can tell us if it worked or not.

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2783787]@BeeefBarly: the only advice I can give you is to make sure you don’t use the PPTP protocol to connect to a VPN. PPTP might seem tempting, since it can be used on many platforms without additional software, but it’s highly insecure. I usually recommend OpenVPN, so if that’s an option, go for it. Also, read the provider’s privacy statement very carefully. If they log your activities, they don’t deserve your business.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. My research so far has come up with quite a few that would recommend OpenVPN over PPTP and also quite a few mention the privacy statement which is not necessarily private. So, your reply is spot on, thanks again. I’m sure there are more, but I did find an interesting free add on for Firefox, HotSpot Shield, (apparently it has to be a free version to be included.) They do have a paid version, obviously with more bells and whistles as well. You have to activate it every time you launch Firefox, but by the looks of it, it has a really user friendly interface, (let’s say simple.)