Explorer Crashes when selecting AVI file

Purchased DVDFab 5.2.3.2 yesterday. I copy my movie using Generic option to get an AVI that I can play on my PC (windows xp). When I select the AVI, Windows Explorer crashes.

Everything works ok when I use MPEG 4 for my IPOD. Runs with QuickTime no problem.

Tried several of the AVI device options with same results.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Bob

Bob
Try VLC media player. It is free and will play damn near anything with never a codec pac to download: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

I experienced that bug also, after ripping individual chapters. it did not seem to matter what media player was used - zoom, VLc, WMP, -windows explorer crashed as soon as the avi file is selected. you get a message sayign explorer has encountered an error & needs to close, then when you click OK, your desktop vanishes & comes back a few seconds later.

I tried copy - paste on the problem file directory, but the same bug corrurec in the newly copied directory. Gave up & used a different ripping program which was OK. for me, though, the bug was limited to one specific music DVD. I suspect it is caused by badly placed chapter breaks on the original DVD

I experienced that bug also, after ripping individual chapters. it did not seem to matter what media player was used - zoom, VLC, WMP, -windows explorer crashed as soon as one specific avi file is selected. I get the message - explorer has encountered an error & needs to close, then when I click OK, your desktop vanishes & comes back a few seconds later.

So I tried copy - paste on the problem file directory, but the same bug was in the newly copied directory. Then I gave up & used a different ripping program which was OK.

For me, though, the bug was limited to one specific music DVD. I suspect it was caused by badly placed chapter breaks on the original DVD. IF I ripped an entire title containing all the chapters, from the same DVD, that played OK.