Expiration date?

vbimport

Where or how can I find the expiration date or the date of 1 year of usage with CloneDVD? I have been away for about a month and 1/2 and I noticed 2 new updates for CLone, but I cannot remember the date for the key number and it has been over a year since I got CloneDVD…

I guess I could play with and just install the 2 new updates and see but really would like to know, I am so sure I have past the 1 year

The update will still be free.

I just tried and it is saying my 21 day evaluation is up and I have a unregistered evaluation version.

I downloaded and installed 2.5.4.3

Shouldn’t happen. Try to re-register your keyfile (double-klick it), if you bought online. If you bought a box, use the key exchanger (CloneDVD should tell you this). If nothing helps, contact customer support.

I kinda had it backwards, it said 21 days of 21 days left… now it is 20 days of 21 days left… I bought it online, I bought it the same time as I did with AnyDVD… I can’t find either of the e-mail, I kinda do remember getting them about 2 days apart and it was at the end of October of 2003

I suggest you contact customer support, they might be able to help you. However, it is a VERY WISE move to keep the registration files somewhere.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding technical support.

If the license key you received by e-mail is rejected when you try to enter
it into the system, please check whether the information you entered is
correct.

To avoid errors when entering the information, highlight the entire license
key using your mouse, right-click and select “Copy”. To paste the key into
the address field of your browser, select “Paste”. Instead of using the
mouse, you can also copy the link using the keyboard by pressing “CTRL” +
“c” to copy and “CTRL” + “v” to paste (Windows), or “Command” + “c” and
“Command” + “v” (Macintosh).

If the license key is still being rejected, please contact the software
publisher directly. The publisher is responsible for technical and
product-related support, while element 5 handles order processing on behalf
of the publisher.

this is the response I recieved from customer care

You need to contact technical support. Please use the support form on the elby website or slysoft website (depending where you bought it).

Where can I get 2.5.3.3?

I have all version that came out on my computer in a folder except 2.5.3.3…

I hate the fact that I some how can keep the stupid stuff but can’t find the important things, like my e-mail that came with the Reg key! I have the keys for both AnyDVD and CloneDVD in different places but I don’t remember that I had to really keep the e-mail or registration info

Well, if you HAVE the keys, you can simply re-register, this should work. (I assume you did not ask for a refund or something like that, or your order was charged back, because this would cause your key to be blocked… anyway, you should contact technical support to resolve this issue).

I assume you did not ask for a refund or something like that

I am offended! ! ! … just kidding, but kinda…lol no I did not, well at least I don’t think my (NOW) ex-wife did…

btw, that was over a year ago that I ordered, and all have worked up until now.

if you HAVE the keys, you can simply re-register, this should work.

How does this work? or what do I do? do I send in my current Registration key? and they will update it or something?

To re-install your keys (Which are called CloneDVD.key, Key.CloneDVD or something like this) you simply double-klick the files.
If you contact tech support, do not send your keyfiles! Tell everything which might help them to identify you: The name you ordered the key with, your e-mail address, purchase id if you know it, customer id if you know it, etc.

Dear Mr. Hampton,

Thank you for your inquiry.

You have the right to update CloneDVD for one year for free. The one year period
starts at the date you purchased an
online key or the date you exchanged your serial number for an online key. To
get the information if you are warranted
to get a free update, please give us your reference number or serial number.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Thomas Hack
Your Elaborate Bytes Team

Just as I thought, the 1 year has past. I always thought that if I kept up with my CloneDVD Key I would be fine, I did not know I had to keep the e-mail with a reference number or serial number.

ok, I am confused about someting?
I went to elby.ch website to order again for another year and the price has it for $54.00 US dollars

and Slysoft has it for $39.00 and with both AnyDvd and CloneDVD it’s $59.00, I already own AnyDVD and it has a lifetime upgrade for free.

Of course I should buy it for the lower price, but why elby price so high?

Well, this is not true. Your license was not invalidated because of this.
Elaborate Bytes AG grants you a MINIMUM free updates for one year. They never enforced it (I know it, because there is no one-year time check in the code).

I do not know why your keycode should not work anymore, unless it has been revoked (credit card charge back or similar) or blacklisted.

If you could at least remember your serial number (the one that was displayed in about), this could easily checked.

However, I strongly suggest you convince the tech support guys to look up their database.

I do not know why your keycode should not work anymore, unless it has been revoked (credit card charge back or similar)

I am not 100% sure about any credit card charge back, it was my wife(now ex-wife, just recent) credit card, but I don’t so, I don’t remember anything like that, especially since I am a long time Clone user and product lover. I would have noticed something like that at that time.

blacklisted

How can my code key become blacklisted? Did this happen because I use the same key on 2 of my computer’s? I rather guessed it would be ok to do or should I have bought a key for each computer?

How about I send the key back to them and let them tell me which one it is, some type of charge back or blacklisted or what the problem could be?

Don’t worry… key files can only get blacklisted, if you put the key on an ftp server and post the url in 10 pirate boards… :slight_smile:

Sending them the keyfile won’t help much. Telling them the name and the email address you have used for registration should be enough to look it up in their database.

Telling them the name and the email address you have used for registration should be enough to look it up in their database.

I did that with a possible 3 e-mail addies I had used back then and my name, waiting to see what happens

But why is it 2 different prices on 2 sites? 54 or 39

also where can I download 2.5.3.3

Maybe SlySoft has a different price policy, they don’t need to charge VAT and the dollar is incredibly weak compared to the euro. Elaborate Bytes AG sells it for 39,- EUR which was quite the same as 39,- USD not a long time ago…

I have no idea where to downloas CloneDVD 2.5.3.3.