Expert please help

I have a Liteon LH-18A1P and a DW1620. When i burn a DVD with DW1620 and scan it with the same drive using Nero, the result is terrible with 100 max PIF and at least 1G of high PIF at the same area, and would also fail the Nero read test halfway. But when i test it with 18A1P, the same area give me very good reading with max of 3 or 4 PIF. I dont have another DVD drive to test it, but when i play it on both drive it play just fine without judder. So which result should i believe because this DVD is very importnat to me. Thanks.

Not an expert, but I’ll post my opinion :slight_smile:

Can you post a scan from each drive so we can see what you’re seeing?

As for the Transfer Rate Tests…it could be that your LiteOn is more tolerant of read errors than your BenQ. I use my LiteOn drive as my main ripper for that reason.

[quote=Arachne;2019856]Not an expert, but I’ll post my opinion :slight_smile:

Can you post a scan from each drive so we can see what you’re seeing?

As for the Transfer Rate Tests…it could be that your LiteOn is more tolerant of read errors than your BenQ. I use my LiteOn drive as my main ripper for that reason.[/quote]

Sorry i mixed up the two, Liteon is the one that give me error, now i dont really remember which drive i use to burn it. But with the screen you will know what i am talking about. But this is from a re-scan which only scan the selected area which give me error. sorry for that.

[QUOTE=tong1774;2019874]Sorry i mixed up the two, Liteon is the one that give me error, now i dont really remember which drive i use to burn it. But with the screen you will know what i am talking about. But this is from a re-scan which only scan the selected area which give me error. sorry for that.[/QUOTE]
It was burned with the Benq 1620, that’s the problem lousy DVD-R burner.

So you are saying that i shouldnt trust the BenQ?

I think chasoffar2k is saying that the BenQ does not like the - (dash) media. Burn some +R with the BenQ and then to a QS again and see what it looks like.

[QUOTE=tong1774;2020563]So you are saying that i shouldnt trust the BenQ?[/QUOTE]Well as The Kipper said I personally don’t think you should trust it to burn DVD-R media, should do at least fine with DVD+R though. My 1620s and 1640 are lousy -R burners, my 1650 is a different beast though and seems to be ok with -R media.

Ok i know what you mean, but the weird thing is that i have another 1620 and it burns everything fine. Including DVD-R, and scan with Liteon is close to perfect. Hmmm… guest i will have to just dump it then.