Expert needed to correct me on SD 2.9 & SecuRom

I have searched the forums but have been unable to find a satisfactory answer, so please dont flame me. I have a few questions and what I think is correct (please correct me)…

1. What is the best way to copy Safedisc 2.9 without needing emulation (memory resident program)?

Alcohol can do this 100% without emulation.

1. What is the best way to copy SecuRom without needing emulation (memory resident program)?

BlindWrite can only emulate this. CCD/Twinpeaks ‘cracks’ this. Nothing can copy it 100%

1. Which is the best burner and why? Is it the Liteon LTR-52246S, the LTR-52327S or the ASUS CRW-5232A? Will these drive be likely to copy SD 3+?

2. My 2 sheep Liteon 12102b cant copy SD2.9 as it cant write the weak sectors?

Originally posted by Serpeant [b]

1. What is the best way to copy Safedisc 2.9 without needing emulation (memory resident program)?

Alcohol can do this 100% without emulation. [/b]

I have found this to be correct. I’ve heard Blindwrite can also back it up, but since I don’t own that one…I just use it for making bwa’s from mds.

[b]2. What is the best way to copy SecuRom without needing emulation (memory resident program)?

BlindWrite can only emulate this.[/b]

Blindwrite has the BWA method, which is essentially the same as twinpeaks. If you have a Plex Premium BW can also do this without emulation using Varirec.

CCD/Twinpeaks ‘cracks’ this.

That’s an inelegant way of putting it, but twinpeaks tricks the timing for reading certain sectors.

Nothing can copy it 100%

Plex Premium does closest, but yes it seems that is still true.

3. Which is the best burner and why? Is it the Liteon LTR-52246S, the LTR-52327S or the ASUS CRW-5232A?

All of those are good drives, they are all based on similiar chipsets.

Will these drive be likely to copy SD 3+?

I guess we’ll find out when it ships.

4. My 2 sheep Liteon 12102b cant copy SD2.9 as it cant write the weak sectors?

I would guess this is true, if the 24102B has inadequecies in this department most older writers are likely to as well. All Lite-On writers 40x+ are said to be able to cope with SD 2.9.

Not trying to hijack your thread or anything m8, but as you wanted to get the facts straight on these, so do I. It seems every time I ask about the latest protections, I’m given an answer like “use Alcohol, they’ll work perfectly.” :confused:

(1) The LG 8520B cannot seem to successfully burn SD 2.9 or SecuROM new 4.84.84.x games. I have yet to meet with any success on either.

(2) The backup will run from the images so that means a few rumors floating around are false (as you pros already know):

• CloneCD is not blacklisted altogether. Installed and game runs off image

• Daemon Tools is not blacklisted. Installed, 3 virtual drives loaded and emulation enabled or disabled - game runs off image.

(3) Alcohol 120% … it’s emulation sucks (with all due respect to the makers of course as it remains an outstanding program). When the Ignore Media emu is running, all games simply crash on my PC whether they are SD 2.9 or 2.51, etc. While I’m on the subject, any non-SecuROM game I read in 120% with sub-channel checked, is a coaster when burned. odd.

I think the simple and correct answer is that my burner just can’t cut it. :frowning: