Experiences on different chipsets (Samsung SH-S203P / TS-H653P)

[qanda]This thread is about the Samsung SH-S203P / TS-H653P. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have tested my SH-S203P drive several times, and I’m not getting anywhere near as good results as in the tests shown at cdfreaks.com, as seen below.

I have burned and tested this with the same SH-S203P drive.

Could this be a chip issue, as I have Nvidia Nforce 570 Ultra motherboard and it has been said that Intel boards have better, if not the best compatibility for optical sata drives.

I would like to hear peoples experiences with this drive on different chipsets. :iagree:

I’m not 100% sure but I think the drive that your using to scan that disc ins’t considered to be a reliable scanner. So the disc is probably fine. :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

Thank you,

Oh, I thought that being a bad scanning drive meant too optimistic relusts, not worse. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I used Verbatim DVD-RW 4x disk. And as I have seen, verbatims seem to be quite good if not usually the best medium to burn on. Correct me if I’m wrong thou.

what about Optiarc AD-7203S with the 1.06 firmware, as I have tried to scan it with that too, and the result gets even worse.

Scanning your Discs will make YOU Paranoid!!!
If they work OK after a Burn, why Scan…
I stoped Copying peeps in CDFreaks with scanning Burns a Long time ago because in the end it made me PARANOID because i could not do what they were doing…ALL my CDs n DVD-Rs worked with no problems…So Stop being a JONESES n Enjoy…

I’m pretty sure NEC drives are also poor for scanning. good is a Samsung (new one), or Lite-on.

And re-writable discs will always have a higher error rate, but the very first burn might look good.

Heh, I’m not about to go paranoid with the results, I’m just wondering if SATA DVD writers have worse quality than PATA, as atleast with my mobo they seem to have problems with the Nvidia sata driver. As in when you insert any disc to it, it takes minutes at worse to be able to acces them and occasionally freezes completely.

I’m only worried if this problem influenses on the writing quality, even though I only use the basic windows SATA drivers. Atleast I think that if the problem is on chipset level, it would effect burning quality, atleast theoritically. Need o confirmation though, if anybody knows more about it, cuold it be so.

If it helps, my mobo is Asus M2N-E (Nforce 570 Ultra)