Experience with Fujifilm 80min CD-R's Made in Malaysia?

vbimport

Does anyone have experience with Fujifilm 80min CD-R’s Made in Malaysia?

Those CD-Rs made in Malaysia are made by Daxon - and usually use Daxon codes.

Hi yojimbo197, welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

I thought that Taiyo Yuden had a plant in Malaysia? And how well do the Daxon CD-R’s burn? Are they stable?

Thanks for the welcome, DregeMaster

Fuji also uses some CD-R made by their own plant in Kleve, Germany and Ritek CD-R (China, Taiwan).
There’s Taiyo Yuden (Malaysia) SDN. BHD. (a sales office) and Taiyo Yuden (Sarawak) SDN. BHD. (manufacturing base) in Malaysia, but the Taiyo Yuden blank media is only made in Japan by That’s Fukushima.
TY’s old website was much nicer for the eye and had less clutter :a

The Daxon CD-R media is usually decent but not TY-like.

I think usually current batches of cake box Fuji’s CDRs,are Ritek China.
Germany made discs are only available on jewel cases and label as made in Germany.
Ritek Taiwan stop made CDR since 8x DVDR appear.

Yep…I too am a bit confused by these Fujifilm CD-R discs.
Got some the other day as a roll of 50.
No info on the wrapping about where they were made, but a scan says the manufacturer is Daxon.

I´ve emailed the company to ask.

Actually, Daxon has become one of the primary suppliers of Fujifilm-branded CD-R discs distributed here in the U.S. The Daxon Malaysia cakeboxes should have a dark gray spacer inside.

And if that wasn’t enough, some recent packages of Imation-branded CD-Rs are also made by Daxon Malaysia.

Actually, Ritek continues to make CD-Rs in Taiwan (in addition to China). My recently purchased (late 2006) packages of both Memorex and Imation branded CD-Rs say MIT on their wrappers, and come up with Ritek as the manufacturer when scanned. (And FWIW, between the two now-sister brands, Imation usually gets the better-quality batches, leaving the mediocre ones to Memorex.)

And Fujifilm Germany answered today…
They said, [B]“We use various manufacturers. We hope our answer was helpful”[/B]
:clap: :doh: :bow: :rolleyes: :eek:

ROTFL :clap: :bigsmile:

LOL!!! :bigsmile:

I want to write back “Are you a F***ing moron?”, but I´ll have to do it in German and to be honest cussing in German just doesn´t do it .

Grrr, and Heehee !!!

Hahahaha :bigsmile:

Ok…forgive me…I´ve gotta post his answer…for our German brothers at least…

Sehr geehrter Herr Nosey Parker*,

Vielen Dank für Ihr Interesse an unseren Produkten.

Wir können Ihnen mitteilen, dass unsere CD-R Medien an verschiedenen Produktionsstätten hergestellt werden wobei sämtliche Medien stets nach FUJIFILM Standard hergestellt werden und dementsprechend die Qualität ständig geprüft wird.

Wir hoffen, Ihnen mit diesen Angaben weitergeholfen zu haben.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
FUJIFILM Recording Media Germany GmbH
Mario van Diddly Squat*
Marketing

• Names have been changed to protect my children

I think Mr. Mario van Diddly Squat has worked in a lot of marketing departments! :bigsmile:

Hi,
I want to know about the quality of the CD-R or DVD-R media made in Germany.
I mean CD-R medias which are German made discs and only available on jewel cases and label as made in Germany.

How is the quality?
Has anybody checked these CD or DVDs?
I can buy them but the price is a bit high.
I want to know if these CDs are worth buying.

Thanks in advance.

I have some Fujifilm 52x CD-R (Fuji Photo Film type 5) Made in Germany, and they are very good in my limited experience (only got one 25pc cakebox).

I bought a 10pc spindle today (no COO on packaging) and they’re Plasmon:

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : CD-R
Manufacturer: : Plasmon
MID : 97m27s18f
Write speeds: : 8 X - 16 X - 24 X - 32 X - 40 X
Capacity: : 79:59.74
: 703 MB
Extended Information
Usage : General
Disc Status : Closed
Raw Data
ATIP
0000 - D0 00 A0 00 61 1B 12 00 4F 3B 4A 00 00 00 80 00 - …a…O;J…
0010 - 00 80 00 00 00 80 80 00 - …

Any scans available? :flower:

I’d gladly do some scans for you, but only brought one disc home with me and have no BenQ or Plextor hooked up as I write. The other 9 are HP laptop recovery discs with family now. Hopefully in the next days :slight_smile: .