Exit Code: 6

vbimport

I’ve been to MS all day to no avail. It got to the point that I did a reinstall of win 7. Yes, I’m very sorry I did that. I could not install trial version of AE CC with,
ERROR: Third party payload installer vcredist_x64.exe failed with exit code: 1603
and others. Tried to do a Windows update and it couldn’t update 13 files. Including Net Framework 4.5.1.
Anyone run into this? Clean boot didn’t help.

[QUOTE=skoville;2732628]Tried to do a Windows update and it couldn’t update 13 files. Including Net Framework 4.5.1.[/QUOTE]

Try the offline installers on this page .

Thanks for the reply. I still get “Installation did not succeed”.

Did you run the installer as admin?

I always do out of habit, but I’ll give it another go.

I tried the vcredist_64 also. No go.

“Installation did not succeed”

Create another admin account and try under that 1…maybe your userprofile is corrupt…

Kind of freaked out when most of the desktop was gone, but it worked!
So I don’t mess up, do you suggest my trying Win update or go for broke and try to install the program?
I’ve been doing this since 4am and finally a ray of hope. Terrific. My eyes are so blurry I’m using a magnifier to see the text. LOL

:bow::bow::bow:

Any easy way of migrating the “stuff” from the old adin file? Mail settings, programs, etc.? Never tried this before.

Just read that…

If both " user accounts " are admin accounts, one install applies to both.

Might be on my way.

[QUOTE=skoville;2732642]Any easy way of migrating the “stuff” from the old adin file? Mail settings, programs, etc.? Never tried this before.
[/QUOTE]

Most of the programs should already be accessible from your start menu,it’s just that the shortcuts aren’t on the new desktop…
For transfering your settings,you need to create a 3th account .
I can tell you how to migrate your settings,but MICROSOFT explains it [B]much[/B] better than me…:wink:

Wow, my headaches gone. Thanks, roadworker. I googled and found it wasn’t that bad. The shortcuts were the easiest to copy/paste.
Thanks again.

Glad your system is running smooth again…:iagree:

Good problem solving roadworker .
Credit to skoville for the patientence to keep trying till it was fixed.