Exclusive: Leaked Russian Intel boxed CPU roadmap

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Exclusive: Leaked Russian Intel boxed CPU roadmap[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/07/page-15-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/exclusive-leaked-russian-intel-boxed-cpu-roadmap-67847/

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

One great thing about this roadmap - with all of these processor differentiations, Intel is saying the custom-PC market remains strong.

Because there’s no way a name-brand retailer would deliver all of these - they have enough other variables to market - disk type and size, amount of memory, software included. They simply wouldn’t bother to market so many CPU incrementals.

So who is Intel thinking buys these? The small OEM houses. “Enthusiasts”.

Perhaps “strong” is the wrong word. “The market is strong enough” at least. But like so many others have commented about 3-5 year old hardware, “there really isn’t a huge leap forward” in this roadmap either. Maybe the style of the heat-sink is the biggest change.

Although most don’t need more power, I believe there’s always room for at least one more processor design… as long as it doesn’t contain any Hollywood BS (e.g. (dis)Trustzone).

Yeah, so who’s going to buy $800,$ 900, $1100, and more for the top of the line processors? Even the enthusiast set are getting mighty fatigued with the minimal improvements in parallel processor cores. Most of this improvement does not have practical consumer applications to take advantage of…

What you find is that multi-core (aka parallel processing) is good for crunching numbers real fast… but for most code laden software there comes a point of diminishing productivity returns which has already been noted by many critics. Until there is a revolution in what we do on desktop & laptop machines, these new shiny processors will see lackluster demand.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2692771][B]Yeah, so who’s going to buy $800,$ 900, $1100, and more for the top of the line processors[/B]? Even the enthusiast set are getting mighty fatigued with the minimal improvements in parallel processor cores. Most of this improvement does not have practical consumer applications to take advantage of…

What you find is that multi-core (aka parallel processing) is good for crunching numbers real fast… but for most code laden software there comes a point of diminishing productivity returns which has already been noted by many critics. Until there is a revolution in what we do on desktop & laptop machines, these new shiny processors will see lackluster demand.[/QUOTE]
Me, I bought the 3960X for my X79 Sabertooth and I will buy the next iteration also.:wink: