Exclusive Interview: Microsoft Admits What Went Wrong with Vista, and How They Fixed It

vbimport

We sat down with Microsoft to hear the company’s side of the Vista story. What lessons have been learned following the worst Windows launch in the company’s history? Is Microsoft doing enough to regain PC users’ faith?
Link: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/shattered_dreams_and_broken_promises_vistas_failure_launch

:cool::cool:

There were a lot of problems when it started, but I’ve had it over a year now, and I can say I will never go back to XP.
Its not amazingly better, but its the little things that make vista better.

And I will never go to vista but I said that about xp to.
The problem is one company controlling most of the market

The way I see it is its the same as people were when XP came out. Everyone hated it. No one wanted to use it. But that’s because it was different. People weren’t used to it. They don’t like change. But Vista has grown on people and will continue to do so. About the time that they release the next OS the majority of people will have vista.

Not really xp had a lot of problems when it first come out and Vista had even more.

That’s true. There is always going to be the people that prefer the older model of anything and that’s ok. People like what people like. I find vista to be more user friendly (once you disable UAC lol)

I will keep what I got and wait for the next one or the one after that or the one after that or the one after that. If it was not broke why replace it except to make more money?

You make a good point. I didn’t upgrade upgrade from XP really. Just bought a new comp. at the time vista premium (32) was 100 bucks and XP was like 200 so that was a major selling point for me.
I really liked it since that though.

[quote=hax0rth0r;2125659]There were a lot of problems when it started, but I’ve had it over a year now, and I can say I will never go back to XP.
Its not amazingly better, but its the little things that make vista better.[/quote]

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
I have also had[B] Vista[/B] for over a year[B] SP1[/B] fixed a lot of little gripes :clap:
My Son has my old XP on his puter ( i have an admin ac on it ) every time i use XP i have to think now what?

[B] di[/B] ♥[B] Vista[/B]

just read some of the comments in the article,the one I liked.
“there is nothing wrong with Vista,exept people dont know how to use it.”

[quote=diane7;2125897]:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

[B] di[/B] ♥[B] Vista[/B]

[/quote]

Me too. :smiley:

Vista doesn’t do anything for me :stuck_out_tongue:
WinXP doesn’t float my boat either.

It’s just another OS … for running programs.

[QUOTE=hax0rth0r;2125659]There were a lot of problems when it started, but I’ve had it over a year now, and I can say I will never go back to XP.
Its not amazingly better, but its the little things that make vista better.[/QUOTE]

i pretty much feel exactly the same way! :wink: (except i only been using Vista since late March of this year. i.e. around the time SP1 came out for it)

cause like you said it’s the ‘little things’ , like… the search function, it’s overall feel and look, and it’s even cool with the little small popup icon’s that show the contents of the window when you have a window minimized by sticking your mouse pointer over that particular minimized window.

here is a picture of what i mean by highlighting the minimized windows with mouse pointer thing…

[quote=NBR;2127034]i pretty much feel exactly the same way! :wink: (except i only been using Vista since late March of this year. i.e. around the time SP1 came out for it)

cause like you said it’s the ‘little things’ , like… the search function, it’s overall feel and look, and it’s even cool with the little small popup icon’s that show the contents of the window when you have a window minimized by sticking your mouse pointer over that particular minimized window.

here is a picture of what i mean by highlighting the minimized windows with mouse pointer thing…[/quote]

I used to have it set up to show thumbnails too, but I disabled it. Slowed the system down and the novelty wore off. I also like this feature (its really nice when you have a lot of windows open):

:doh:

lol.