Excel XP Commandbutton / macro help needed

vbimport

Am trying to make a little calculation program in Excel where I can calculate a gross income based on a net guaranteed income for work (based on the Dutch tax system that is)

Already have all the formulas in place and it looks like everything is working, except for one thing that annoys the hell out of me. I want it so that when all data is entered, all that needs to be done is click a button and have the gross income calculated based on the entered net income.

I have recorded the macro (Goal Seeker) and that one is working perfectly. I have been able to get this macro linked to a button in Excel 2000 (which we have at work), but I cannot seem to get it linked to a button in Excel XP (OfficeXP pro).

I have spent many many hours trying to get this working, read through all the help files in Excel, but since the sleep deprivation is getting to me and I do have to study for finals next week, I am hoping someone here knows how to accomplish this and I can go to bed before 4 am this time :wink:

So, in brief, how do I get this macro to work when clicking on the button in Excel XP.

Many thanks in advance!

Surprised that noone knows the answer yet…

Why does that always happen when I need help? :wink:

no, no , no we all know the answer…we are just not posting because,…its tax .

just kidding .

there’s a simple answer - install office 2000 or just excel 2000 on ur home PC; or have i misread…

Originally posted by shuebhussain
there’s a simple answer - install office 2000 or just excel 2000 on ur home PC; or have i misread…

I legally own (a license of) Office 2000 (Premium), but why should I resort to a lower version when it must be possible with the latest version also?

Although I have already worked around this by doing at the university library where they have Excel 2000 installed (added more buttons when I was at it too), I still would like to know how to accomplish this in Excel XP, for future reference.

Originally posted by shuebhussain
[B]no, no , no we all know the answer…we are just not posting because,…its tax .

just kidding .[/B]

:wink:

Ok, it is just so I know for future use then…after helping so many people, noone is able to help me with my little problem…cannot help to be slightly disappointed about this… :frowning:

Might this help ?

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
Might this help ?

From what I can make out is that it converts files from Office2000 to OfficeXP with respect to Visual Basic code.

It is not the macro (or VB code) that is causing me probs, it is finding the feature to link a macro to a command button. The buttons I make in Excel2000 work flawlessly in Excel XP, I just can’t seem to be able to create these buttons in Excep XP.

Thanks for the link though, will check into that tomorrow… (exams come first now)

did some google searches :

http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,82104,00.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnofftalk/html/office05022002.asp

Dunno if they are gonna be any help

Good luck with the exams !

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
after helping so many people, noone is able to help me with my little problem…cannot help to be slightly disappointed about this… :frowning:
you should take this fact as a compliment - if tax don’t know; noone does.

btw - thanks for the help u give to us and sorry we haven’t been able to help you, on behalf of everyone els :frowning: