Exact Audio Copy with Intel's RST drivers only finds one drive

vbimport

For some reason, when using Intel’s latest SATA drivers, EAC only detects one optical drive at a time. This isn’t a problem with stock Windows 7/8 drivers (msahci.sys, storahci.sys).
I haven’t benched performance under the stock drivers, but would prefer not to use them. Jitter scanning with LiteON drives doesn’t seem to work using those, and I’m not really in the mood to bench performance anyway.

So I’m wondering - has anybody else encountered this issue? Is there any fix, like an older Intel driver or something? Thanks.

[QUOTE=bilditup1;2726681]So I’m wondering - has anybody else encountered this issue?[/QUOTE]

Yes,happens on my Asus N76VJ laptop too…,but it doesn’t bother me really…

[QUOTE=bilditup1;2726681]Is there any fix, like an older Intel driver or something? [/QUOTE]

Put the latest version of Nero’s aspi driver in your EAC directory and change the interface option in EAC config to installed external aspi instead of native win32…that will do the trick,but I don’t know if there are any side effects on newer operating systems though…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2726691]

Put the latest version of Nero’s aspi driver in your EAC directory and change the interface option in EAC config to installed external aspi instead of native win32…that will do the trick,but I don’t know if there are any side effects on newer operating systems though…[/QUOTE]

Thanks for chiming in. Interesting that your laptop has more than one optical drive, heh.

I forgot to mention - I couldn’t find the Nero driver, but did come across a sort of fake ASPI that translates ASPI commands to SPTI, called FrogASPI (because the guy’s French, natch). Since ultimately I don’t think this is a ‘real’ ASPI layer, I’m not surprised that it didn’t change anything.

Ended up ‘fixing’ the problem on one of my computers by connecting one of the drives to my motherboard’s additional on-board Marvell SATA controller. The other computer remains limited to one drive. I think I managed to find the Nero driver just now, so I’m gonna try that in lieu of FrogASPI, but I’m not hopeful. This isn’t that critical, but I just don’t like it when things don’t work properly! :slight_smile:

Looks like it worked! Thanks a lot for pushing me to look for the Nero driver.

So to anybody else reading this - if you have this particular problem, FrogASPI will not solve it. You must use Nero’s wnaspi32.dll, or use Windows’ stock drivers for your SATA controller instead of Intel’s.

[QUOTE=bilditup1;2726721]Interesting that your laptop has more than one optical drive, heh.[/QUOTE]

See attachement…:bigsmile:
1 internal,1 usb2 and 1 on an ide to usb converter…:wink:

[QUOTE=bilditup1;2726721]I forgot to mention - I couldn’t find the Nero driver, but did come across a sort of fake ASPI that translates ASPI commands to SPTI, called FrogASPI [/QUOTE]

Never used FrogAspi,the ones I used so far,are Adaptec’s,Vob’s and Nero’s aspi layer.
But it seems that FrogAspi has to be renamed to wnaspi32.dll and has to put in %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\ for 64-Bit Windows and %WINDIR%\system32 for a 32-Bit OS to work properly.

[QUOTE=bilditup1;2726723]Looks like it worked! Thanks a lot for pushing me to look for the Nero driver.

So to anybody else reading this - if you have this particular problem, FrogASPI will not solve it. You must use Nero’s wnaspi32.dll, or use Windows’ stock drivers for your SATA controller instead of Intel’s.[/QUOTE]

Glad that it worked…vobaspi would also be an option as replacement…:wink:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2726725]See attachement…:bigsmile:
1 internal,1 usb2 and 1 on an ide to usb converter…:wink:
[/QUOTE]

Cool!

[QUOTE=roadworker;2726725]
Never used FrogAspi,the ones I used so far,are Adaptec’s,Vob’s and Nero’s aspi layer.
But it seems that FrogAspi has to be renamed to wnaspi32.dll and has to put in %WINDIR%\SysWOW64\ for 64-Bit Windows and %WINDIR%\system32 for a 32-Bit OS to work properly.
[/QUOTE]

Right, I did, of course rename it to wnaspi32. I placed copies in SysWOW64, system32, and system32/drivers, as well as in the EAC folder. I also successfully used FrogASPI during a rip (didn’t make a difference). So I know that it was being used, but it still didn’t solve the ‘only one drive detected’ issue :frowning:

I’ve had this one work well for me. Posted by Kerry56 in this post:

It is from the h2cdimage.zip .

[QUOTE=cholla;2726747]I’ve had this one work well for me. Posted by Kerry56 in this post:

It is from the h2cdimage.zip .[/QUOTE]

Thanks! This appears to be the same file I found at Softpedia. The page there said it was version 2.0.1.50 but actually it is actually 2.0.1.74, the same as Kerry56’s. Good to have more mirrors :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=bilditup1;2726778]Thanks! This appears to be the same file I found at Softpedia. The page there said it was version 2.0.1.50 but actually it is actually 2.0.1.74, the same as Kerry56’s. Good to have more mirrors :)[/QUOTE]

Good to know . I doubt I will lose it but it never hurts to have another source.

If you ever try IsoPuzzle . Which is a GUI for h2cdimage . You need to paste this wnaspi32 into the IsoPuzzle folder. It is the only one I’ve found that works well.

[QUOTE=cholla;2726780]Good to know . I doubt I will lose it but it never hurts to have another source.
[/QUOTE]

np :wink:

[QUOTE=cholla;2726780]
If you ever try IsoPuzzle . Which is a GUI for h2cdimage . You need to paste this wnaspi32 into the IsoPuzzle folder. It is the only one I’ve found that works well.[/QUOTE]

I’ll keep that in mind, thanks