Exact Audio Copy V0.95 Prebeta 1 has Been Released

A new version EAC has finally been released.

Not many details on what it contains at present.

Quote From EAC WebSite
“Finally here comes 0.95pb1. The translation of the program took longer than I expected. Further, I had (and will have) less and less time for working on EAC. The main feature is the language SDK, which enables people to translate EAC into nearly any language. There is more information on that at the download location. Besides that, there are only minor additions and a lot of bugfixes. Please make sure again that your compression queue is empty when installing the update!
Anyway, I hope you will like it!”

Download it here
EAC V0.95 Download

Thanks for the information Womble! It has been posted on the mainpage.

There’s something new : a TOC alterations function with 3 choices ( Retrieve Native TOC, Detect TOC Manually and first session only).

So far i have bypassed every protected audio cd with “Detect TOC manually” and my Px40-ts.

IMHO, EAC remains the best freeware (with Babylon when it was a freeware)

EAC is a great piece of software
However I’ve switched to plextools, thanks to a review on cdfreaks some time ago, is more userfriendly, and has a great errorrecovery…

Is the EAC very good with Cactus protected CD ?

Sure it is. Plextools is probably better at DAE, but you must have a Plextor. With EAC, you have a choice.

Originally posted by Ludwig van moza
[B]There’s something new : a TOC alterations function with 3 choices ( Retrieve Native TOC, Detect TOC Manually and first session only).

So far i have bypassed every protected audio cd with “Detect TOC manually” and my Px40-ts.

IMHO, EAC remains the best freeware (with Babylon when it was a freeware) [/B]

The ‘Detect TOC Manually’ function’s ability to bypass audio copy protection schemes is drive dependent.

I have failed to successfully rip latest CDS 200 versions with both LiteOn and Sony (OEM BTC) drives with latest EAC.

The drive could find the tracks, but they would have gaps in them c. 10 seconds after the start of each track.

This could only be circumvented by ripping with Plextools at 4x (or lower) using my Plextor drive.

regards,
Halcyon

I’ve tested the new version and I found out that the TOC option ‘first session only’ only works with my Plextor PX-W1610TA (fw. 1.05, which offers the single-session feature).

Afaik, EAC sets the single-session-flag like the PlexTools do. That means, that EAC’s ‘first session only’ only works with current Plextor drives which offer this giant firmware feature.

> Afaik, EAC sets the single-session-flag like the PlexTools do.

Yes EAC does it the same way as Plextool, using
the Plextor proprietary E9 interface (the one
already used for Hide CDR media). Nothing to
be impressed by for anyone who ever used Feurio.

I’ve noticed an improvement : “retrieve native TOC” is a lot faster than “detect TOC manually”. And it does the same job.

> I’ve noticed an improvement : “retrieve native
> TOC” is a lot faster than “detect TOC
> manually”. And it does the same job.

These two options perform completely different
operations, so no wonder they don’t take the
same time. No black magic or smart optimisations
here.

For me, same results in the end (with latest McCartney cd). Only thing i noticed is the speed of “Retrieve Native TOC”.
Of course that’s a fast test.

Same result on this disc, that’s nice. But if
these two methods were always giving the
same results, what do you think would be the
point to keep the slow one ?

Sure thing the 3 methods must be useful. I’ve only noticed speed improvement. The interesting point would be to know if other users have noticed anything else.

Sounds like a good prog, I’m gonna test it right away.

I’ve got a plextor, so when I heard about the new features of plextools for DAE, I thought “YAY, I’ll give that a go instead of EAC for a change.”…

… Then I noticed that on the Audio Ripping section, the box to allow error correction was ticked, but grey out.

… I also noticed that the box on the CD Copy option was not ticked, and greyed out (unselectable).

Well, I got on to technical support and was informed that this was OK as error protection was on for Ripping and was off for CD copying as it couldn’t be used for this…

Well, I thought this was a little strange, so I looked in the manual and it told me that error correction was usable with the CD copy option.

Got back to technical support and the guy told me he had got it wrong. Apparently, my drive does not support this type of error correction!

I’ve got a plexcombo 320A. Is he right? Should I go back to using EAC?